"Detailed scan" ???

I seem to remember being anxious about the 20 week scan because it had been 10 weeks since the previous scan for us. I was feeling some kicks and fluttering but not every day and when they had a quiet day I would worry.

BUT the scan was wonderful! Got the most amazing pics from it and the sonographer spent ages explaining what was what and showing us that all was ok.

All scans are a bit nerve wracking, but the elation afterwards is wonderful.

Go for the scan, relax and enjoy seeing your little man bumbling about in your tummy.

Hi Louise,

Sent you a PM but thought I'd reply in here too! As I said...As far as I'm concerned until I get told something different - I have a Healthy liittle boo!
As I said about the probs with OH's birth...at first I did panic...but worrying is no good for boo or me!
As far as watching your DVD thinking 'is this it?' You need to STOP IT! What you should be thinking is 'Thats my gorgeous little boy, he's growing inside me!' The most amazing thing is happening.......You really are (and me too!) extremely lucky and fortunate that such an amazing thing is happening to us! When you think of people you know/posts that you read on B&B of people that can't have children or just when they think they can the most terrible thing happens! We really do need to count our blessings!
A friend of mine was told she'd never have children (all she ever wanted was to be a mum) she decided to see about IVF....On the day she had her first appointment she was told she was pregnant and there was a pretty high risk baby wouldn't make it.........she didn't worry once....all she said was 'if its meant to be' Baby Jake was born 5 weeks ago....perfectly fit and healthy!? Again there are lots of people this doesn't happen for.....you have to think how lucky you are, and try (yes it maybe hard) not to think 'what if this happens, what if that happens'

Keep me updated....and please go to your scan thinking 'I'm going to see my little miracle have a dance in my tummy!' :hugs:

Sending you lots of boo & boo bahh hugs xx

Thank you girls for all the good luck, and thanks Sam for the PM. :)
Still, when someones mind is set on something going wrong, nothing will change their way of thinking until they are told otherwise.
Im off in an hour and as soon as Im back, I will post a message on here. Appointment is at 12- hopefully out by 1.30pm, but if I dont post before 3- then, well.... come to your own conclusions :(.
But thanks again girls, it means alot to me x

....well... he's all healthy and well. Measuring the way he should. He has a healthy heart, all the main blood vessels are good.
All in all, was a good scan, only took them 10 minutes, if that!

YEY........Thats fab news!! :happydance: :headspin: :happydance: :headspin: :happydance: :headspin:

Knew everything would be fine.....now chill out.....otherwise my big pointy stick will be out!!

I've just seen my midwife too.....she said the head this is nothing to worry about......If they thought anything was wrong.....I would know already!!!
She also comented on how good my scan pic was....saying 'this is the best scan pic I've seen' (cos its so clear.....can see his nose & mouth!)

Seems like the baby bug is spreading......my midwife is also pregnant.....

Ohhhh, how about some lovely wine to celebrate........DOH!!!! :hissy:

Take Care of you & bubbles xx

YEY........Thats fab news!! :happydance: :headspin: :happydance: :headspin: :happydance: :headspin:

Knew everything would be fine.....now chill out.....otherwise my big pointy stick will be out!!

I've just seen my midwife too.....she said the head this is nothing to worry about......If they thought anything was wrong.....I would know already!!!
She also comented on how good my scan pic was....saying 'this is the best scan pic I've seen' (cos its so clear.....can see his nose & mouth!)

Seems like the baby bug is spreading......my midwife is also pregnant.....

Ohhhh, how about some lovely wine to celebrate........DOH!!!! :hissy:

Take Care of you & bubbles xx
I wish I could have some wine lol.
Im so pleased that everything is going well for you too. My 15 week scan was extra clear, alot were saying they hadnt seen any as clear as mine, but now hes got alot bigger and he was basically face on during the scan, we couldnt really see much. The sonographer didnt really care about the pictures, she knew I just wanted to get right out of there.
Im seeing my midwife in a couple weeks for some more blood tests, dunno what theyre for though, do you?
Do we get anymore hospital scans now or is that it? Im having another 4d on my birthday, cant wait for that, but I hear you get another at 25 weeks or something?

Hope your pregnancy goes well, as Im sure it will, and I cant WAIT til our babies are born. Who do you think we'll drop first, me or you? I hear under weight skinny minnies are more likely to go into labour early and Ive always been underweight, but in saying that, I'll probably be over due or something lol. You can never rely on due dates, we'll both be sooner rather than later. x x I rekon august for me, i've had that feeling from the start, do you think you'll be early..... ??

So glad all went well, now enjoy your pregnancy! :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"