Devastated

Blue Rainbow

Reaction score
I am totally devastated, we went yesterday to our next appointment with the FS to check my weight and to be put forward for IVF starting in January but 5 minutes into the consultation he told us that the shropshire wont pay for the IVF as i am too old at just 39. I feel so angry, hurt and totally empty having been through all the procedures to get to this point.
Look like now my only hope is to self fund and start saving very quickly.

Amanda x

If you had started the appointments or other treatments before you were 39 you may be able to appeal - other women have done this. It is worth a try!

I was 38 when we started to see the consultant, but in cheshire not shropshire, i was given the option. If my doctors was in cheshire i would be ok their cut off is 40 but because its in shropshire the cut off is 37.5
The consultant said we could look into appealing but very much doubted that we would get anywhere

Amanda x

Oh hun how frustrating! I'm so sorry. :hugs:

similar thing happened to me- and I did appeal- got absolutely nowhere. Has been seeing a consultant for 5 years who did nothing then recommended ivf at 39 when conveniently I would have to go private so I can symathise x

oh no im so sorry to hear that...could you ask to be referred back to cheshire xx

I'm really sorry to hear this, I think the postcode lottery is so unfair. It's really awful to be told you're too old at 39. I really hope you can appeal and you can start your ivf asap :)

Thank you everyone for your support. I really dont think i would get anywhere
if i did appeal. We are just going to save every penny we can and with the kind help of my lovely mother in law, we are going to go private.
DaisyJump- My problem is i dont live in cheshire, i live in shropshire, i was just given the option of using the fertility clinic in cheshire, which was closer to where i live.

Amanda x

Hope you manage to get your finances sorted and start on your IVF journey soon. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->