Devastated :(

TracyE.

Reaction score
I am officially now 4 days late for AF, on CD 36. Some spotting, but no period. I took a pregnancy test this morning thinking I had a good shot, since I NEVER go past CD 32. It was a BFN :cry: I just don't understand. I have never missed a period or had longer than a 32 day cycle in my entire life. Why now all of a sudden? I am sure the test is right since I am taking it late, it was just a generic Target brand early result test which I assume are good. I am so sad. And I am sitting here at work, not able to focus, and wanting to crawl into a ball under my desk. I know that is probably dramatic, but that's just how I feel right now. :nope:

:hugs: Sorry to hear. I think that there are many of us going through the same thing right now. Your not out until the :witch: arrives. I've read a few posts where some women are not getting BFP's until 16-18 dpo. FX for you!

Oh hunny :hugs::hugs: TTc is so dam hard is'nt it? It could be that you may have ov'd later then normal!?! do you chart or use opk's? :hugs: and lots of luv to u xx

Sorry - cant help but didnt want to R&R.
Do you know when you OV'd? Could it be that you OV'd late this cycle?

xx

I would take another test in a few days.. Maybe your body just doesnt have enough hcg to show up yet.

The stress of TTC can delay your ovulation and make you "late". How are you tracking ovulation? Do you know how many dpo you are?

Sorry to hear that... I am actually in the same exact boat as you, almost identical!!!!! I've been searching high and low all of the internet and I have read that some people it takes weeks for the to get a BFP even after their missed period, on the other hand I also read that our bodies can trick us into thinking we are pregnant therefore delaying our period. I HOPE YOUR PREGNANT!!! Do you have any signs of period!? Do you track your cervical position?

I took a Target brand early response test. I didn't track ovulation this month becasue my coworkers were telling me it is best to relax and just let things happen and not obsess. Now I wish I would have been using OPK's. Do any of you have opinions on what OPK and HPT brands are best to use, just for future reference. If AF doesn't show up by next week I will probably try testing again :shrug:

Also, I forgot to say thank you to all of you who responded. I am so emotional this morning it is just nice to know I am not alone :flower:

Didn't want to r&r but all I can say is that usually the doctors say you can't get a 100% BFP or bfn until 2 weeks after you missed period. My sister was lucky I guess and got her BFP after 7 days. Fx For your BFP Hun!! Xx

Didn't want to r&r but all I can say is that usually the doctors say you can't get a 100% BFP or bfn until 2 weeks after you missed period. My sister was lucky I guess and got her BFP after 7 days. Fx For your BFP Hun!! Xx

Thank you, I had no idea! I guess there is still hope :shrug:

I usually go to my local clinic to have my tests done and they are always 99.9% accurate. So I don't know what to suggest him, maybe the clear blue digital? They are the same (ish) ones the doctors use xx

DH and I went for 5 months trying to relax and let it happen naturally. I got tired of guessing when we should bed and seeing bfn not to mention wasting time (I'm 37 yrs old) so I decided to give opk's a shot. This was the second month I used opk's and it worked for me this month. I would recommend at least trying them. I also used a Target brand hpt and it confirmed it along with a couple other brands. We bedded 2 days before and the day of ovulation. I swore that AF was on her way too. I have been crampy and majorly bitchy. So my best advice is to at least try opk's. Good luck and I hope you get your bfp positive very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->