DF under pressure with SMEP

wildworld

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
SMEP is hard work! Well, it is for us, as my O day decided not to come til 4 days after it was supposed to! I'm currently on CD 19, and we've BD'd CD 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 and 18 (yep, SMEP went haywire!). We've just tried to BD again (CD 19), but had to stop as DF couldn't go on. He's so tired and worn out, bless him...we both are. He told me he was fine to go on, but I knew he wasn't so we stopped.

My OPKs were almost positive Saturday morning and night (CD 17), and definitely positive Sunday morning and night (CD 18). It was very dark this morning (monday) too. This evening's one was much lighter.

I'm sure we'll BD tomorrow, but I'm just worried we'll miss the eggy this cycle :( I was feeling quite positive about this month, but now I'm not so sure. When we do BD, I make sure to pay him a lot of attention so it doesn't feel like a chore to him, but he just wasn't up for it tonight, even though he insisted.

I feel sorry for him under all this pressure - is there anything I can do for him? :cry:

Also, because my OPKs were *almost* positive on Saturday, definitely positive on Sunday, and quite dark this morning, would I have ovulated today (Monday)? :cry:

Try not to fret too much, with all the BDing you've been doing, you still have a really good chance.

Good luck xx

All those Bds you have done, I reckon you've covered it! No wonder you are both tired. Hope you both have some quite cuddle time together maybe some baby talk. Take the stress down a level a little bit. :hugs: good look x

All those Bds you have done, I reckon you've covered it! No wonder you are both tired. Hope you both have some quite cuddle time together maybe some baby talk. Take the stress down a level a little bit. :hugs: good look x

Thanks SO much, that means a lot! <3 just worried we'll miss o time!

xxx

ovulation usually happens 12 - 24 hours after OPK and the egg survives for 12-24 hours. So you have atleast a day after positive opk to try :) Plus with all this BDing im sure you are covered. We have an SMEP thread in the TTC#1 for the month of august. You can hop in

Hello, yes I sympathise, I don't expect to O until at least CD 20 and we are doing SMEP and did the same last time TTC, it is hard going! I reckon you'll be fine, last time we missed one at around O time due to having about 20 friends round for pre Xmas dinner but still managed to catch the egg :thumbup:

You usually ovulate a day or so after your positive opk

My dh is the same!

We are not doing smep - we have been doing two days on, one off and I finally got a positive opk today (cd19) and dh is exhausted. Seeing as we bd yesterday and the day before if I o are we still in with a reasonable chance to catch the egg?

This is the first time I've been able to pinpoint ovulation so I'm really hoping this wont impact too badly!

My dh is the same!

We are not doing smep - we have been doing two days on, one off and I finally got a positive opk today (cd19) and dh is exhausted. Seeing as we bd yesterday and the day before if I o are we still in with a reasonable chance to catch the egg?

This is the first time I've been able to pinpoint ovulation so I'm really hoping this wont impact too badly!

YES u r in with a good chance sweetie, r u able to BD tmrw morning maybe nd make sure u seal the deal lol nd the day after just to make sure?

My dh is the same!

YES u r in with a good chance sweetie, r u able to BD tmrw morning maybe nd make sure u seal the deal lol nd the day after just to make sure?

Thank you! I will talk to hubby but I have to leave home for work early...lol, bloody work getting in the way of TTC!

I'm going to check my evening opk soon. Excitement! :)

My dh is the same!

Thank you! I will talk to hubby but I have to leave home for work early...lol, bloody work getting in the way of TTC!

I'm going to check my evening opk soon. Excitement! :)

lol Good luck Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"