dfs credit??!!

x-li-x

Me & Hubby + 3 :)
Reaction score
ive just applied for a sofa through dfs 4 years free credit over the phone and have a little question , i did it all in my name as hubby has an iva so had no chance, my problem is im a stay at home mum so i had nothing to say money wise that was in my name but the pitiful amount of ctc i get and cb. though monthly i get 600 in my account as each month hubby sends over 550 (hoping all this makes sense) anyway so when guy asked what hubby did and how much our annual income i said hubbys but forgot to include mine although its not much extra would only have made a grande all so dif but still would have made a slight dif ( though i did mention to guy i get some previously)

anyway back to my question how likely do you think it is dfs will actually accept me? ive never tried to get a sofa through them before so dont know how they work it all out but im hoping as i have a certain amount of £600 in my account a month and all they need is £50 they will accept or do you rekon hubbys iva will pretty much squash any chance i have.

hope all this makes sense i tried to explain best i could but im not very good at explaining things as you can see :blush:

its not a massive prob if they say no as we can afford to buy one end of feb i just would rather do it this way plus there delivery is 8 weeks and i need it soon as so longer i leave it longer it takes if u get me.

anyway just wanted opinions in what you think as it takes them 3-4 days to decide.

thanks and sorry if i lost you or confused you at all :dohh: xxx

:hugs:

it all depends on your credit score, but i imagine as your married you'll be linked to your hubbys IVA & all his debts on your credit profile so I wouldnt hold out too much hope!

xxxx

ahh see that what i thought, i was hoping in slight chances i wouldnt be involved in the iva as it was before me and ive never had any debt and have always payed off accounts on time or before need be but i assumed now im part of it, ah well , no harm in trying though hey
:) xx

my ohs credit is terrible and thats not effected mine in anyway.

but id say because ur not actualy working its a very slim chance of u getting the credit, if u tried getting it on credit but paying for it straight away each month u might have more of a chance also if u add on payment protection that will boost ur chances

I got accepted with DFS :shrug: Its the first thing ive ever had on finance.

it all depends on your credit score, but i imagine as your married you'll be linked to your hubbys IVA & all his debts on your credit profile so I wouldnt hold out too much hope!

xxxx

If you have joint accounts you "may" be linked financially but his debts will not be on your credit profile. I have an IVA which finishes this month and a joint account and my OH has excellent credit according to the rating agencies and there is no record of me on his.:thumbup: Your best option is to check your credit file, Equifax is good and free for a month, and look under finacial associations.

CSL the other sofa company wouldn't give me credit on a job that pays just over £15k per year because I'd only worked there 3 months so I'm not sure how likely it is you'll get it xx

me and my husband couldnt get credit at scs because we'd missed one payment on a credit card by a day! my hubby earns almost 30k!!

we got turned down even though my OH credit at the time was ace and he was on £16k a year, it was because he'd just moved!

I never even had my house when I got accepted! How weird.

well, guy rang yesterday and i didnt get it, he said he doesnt know why exactly but thinks its the fact i have 4 addresses i been at in the last 3 years 3 of which were 2009 alone lol ( we did alot of moving) so he rekons this is what let me down but obviously might not be the case, anyway i ended up pay 177 deposit then and there on phone so il be getting my sofa anyway just have until he delivery daye which is 6 weeks to pay up, which isnt a problem anyway as were have the money in 4 so all worked out in end xx

Aww sorry about the x-li-x! But glad you can get it anyway! what one have you gone for?

glad ur still gettin ur sofa.

its alot better to just pay for it straight up tho as u dont have to deal with the stupid company they use for there finance like i do lol

we went with this one in end ... i cant wait to get it, all i have atm is a two seater leather sofa, which is covered in scrathes and has a hole from when hubby tried moving it through a hallway and stuck it through the bathroom door handle :dohh:

Madison_main_leftarm.jpg

madison_st_stool_op.jpg

im am happy that its gone this way now its been done at least now i know it will be payed in 4 weeks and not 4 years and i wont get into any sticky situations with not having the money as it will all be payed for as soon as we have the money before it gets spent :) xx

its gorgeous!

id love a sofa like that but i need a supporting sofa cuz ive got bad hips!

its not fair lol

we went with this one in end ... i cant wait to get it, all i have atm is a two seater leather sofa, which is covered in scrathes and has a hole from when hubby tried moving it through a hallway and stuck it through the bathroom door handle :dohh:

View attachment 59170

View attachment 59171

im am happy that its gone this way now its been done at least now i know it will be payed in 4 weeks and not 4 years and i wont get into any sticky situations with not having the money as it will all be payed for as soon as we have the money before it gets spent :) xx

Wow I want one of those but I'm not allowed yet as my 2 piece suite is only 5 years old. Nasty OH!

ooo thats lovely! were thinking of getting a corner sofa but cant really afford it at the moment :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->