DH and I freaking out a little

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
DH and I both had our own freak outs today. For different reasons.

I started explaining to DH how the next 2 months are going to fly since we have so much going on & by then, we'll only have a month left. He had to ask me to stop talking about it because it was freaking him out. I pried further so I could understand (instead of filling in the blanks myself - sometimes I have an overactive imagination, which is usually more bad than good!).

He's terrified of the huge change we're about to have (it's our first, also just closed on our house last August and married last November - so many big life changes in a year). I know that it'll just come down to baby arriving & us adjusting to having a family. He's excited. Talks about all the things he wants to teach her and tried to guess what her hobbies might be. I know it'll be okay. I don't know if he knows that, but I think once she's here and we're settled, I think he may become more confident that it will be.

Me, on the other hand... I watched the video of the induction that someone posted here. Scared the crap out of myself (not necessarily of induction). Before today, I couldn't wait for labor & wasn't scared of the pain. But I also didn't really grasp the fact that I'm going to be hurting & that we're going to have a baby in about 3 months. Which is probably why I've been so laid back about it lol

I've watched a lot of labor videos. Some before getting pregnant and some since getting pregnant. But all they did was make me feel more excited about it.

But then for some reason, watching that video just made everything click. I'm not going to lie; I don't feel pregnant at all. Never have. But as the baby has gotten more active, the more it's sinking in that we're having a baby. I think everything just sunk in today. I feel like I've been bonding & connecting with baby, but for some reason today, every kick and movement I feel, I feel even more connected & for some reason, suddenly everything seems so much more real. But also, when I'm starting to panic about giving birth & how painful it is, for some reason, when I feel her move, I calm down a little bit knowing that she'll be so worth it.

I never really imagined being this far along. I could see 2nd tri, but could never see 3rd. I guess I always imagined something going wrong. Not to say that something still couldn't, but it feels very strange & overwhelming.

Did anyone else have that moment of panic when everything sunk in?

Morning. Oh yes, I've recently started panicking over physically giving birth too. It's amazing what our bodies can do but my god, pushing out a whole human life just seems mental! Every time I feel my LO move I love it but it freaks me out at the same time to think there is actually a baby in there and I'm 3 months time I've got to push it out of my body! Whoa!!!!!!

Excited and scared doesn't quite sum it up lol xx

I only have a few weeks left and I have my moments when I think of how much my life will change and mostly when I think of what I will have to go through when it's time for this lil guy to be born.

I think what you are feeling is normal and healthy. Having a baby is a big deal and the fact that you realize this is good. Change can be scary and yes when your lil one is here, you won't think twice about it but freaking out a little bit just shows how aware you are of the change coming.

Your husband will adjust and the only thing I would suggest is reminding him that no matter what you guys will get through all of it together. It most likely will even bring you guys closer and the joy you will experience will be indescribable.

I like to think of the baby as a physical manifestation of our love! :)

Good luck and remember when you start to freak out it helps to look at all the good things instead of the scary things.

I am also really nervous. My firstborn was an induction went wrong that ended in emcs, we had a hard time after the birth due to a tongue tie and acid reflux that prevented him from feeding properly from breast and bottle! Throughout all of this I then became really ill with hypothyroidism and had a very very bad year before getting some treatment and sorting it all out. My relationship nearly got destroyed and only in the last two years has everything come back better than ever and we are happier than we have ever been! I am terrified not only of labout and another c section, but of going through difficulties again and my other half is already very apprehensive about this baby. I think he's scared of going back to where we were too, and although I tell him it will be different, he seems to think it will be awful and feels no connection to our unborn baby. He is an amazing dad to our firstborn and a very soft loving one, but I do worry about him bonding with the new baby...I am just hoping it will be love at first sight like before!!! :S Sorry to hijack lol

suffolksazzle: It is very mind boggling! So hard to comprehend sometimes what our bodies are actually doing. Is this your first?

Tiffylove: It's funny because before today, none of this phased me! But I think what really changed was it sinking in. Obviously I've known I'm pregnant, but at the same time, it's never felt like it, so it was really hard to really imagine. Now that things are falling into place, things are starting to feel more real.

The thing that I love about DH and I is that we both tend to worry about different things. I think this is probably the first thing we're really in sync with. Though, I know better than to tell him all of it - I tell him some of my worries, but not all. He's been worried about this since before we got pregnant lol As far as this baby goes, I've been kind of taking the lead, saying everything will be alright. I feel like if I let him in on my fear, it'll make him worse. So, if he thinks I'm completely fine, he'll be a little bit better. (Not that I'm trying to hide anything!).

Btw, that's really cool that you're due on your anniversary :)

Malingo: No worries about hijacking! DH and I aren't the only ones allowed to be scared :) It sounds like what you went through was really rough. Maybe he is just really scared to bond with LO? I know that doesn't make it easy for you at all, but maybe that's just the only way he knows how to cope with what he feels could be a possibility of what happened last time? I really hope that once LO is here, he'll be able to bond. Though, still, I know that must be hard for you knowing he's apprehensive about bonding with LO at this point. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->