DH being annoying

kellze

Reaction score
I got my BFP this morning....faint but defo there.

He keeps saying IF you are pregnant/ IF you get a real BFP etc etc. Bloody infuriating and dismissive.

Just ranting.

sorry hun maybe he is just in shock :hugs:...sometimes guys take a while longer to process these things

Wish he'd keep it to himself. Idjit.

Dh was like that, he didn't believe it till I got pregnant on the cb digital. I think it's just how their brains work.
Xx

Haha see I was definitely like your OH and it was me who was saying IF or When despite having 5 positive tests... I can honestly say it was down to shock for me... It'll settle in soon. In the mean time try not to let it stress you out too much. Xxxx

My husband is the same way.

First pregnancy, this is how he was
I get a + test. It's digital. It says "pregnant." He says, "Take another test. I don't believe that one."
I take another test FRER this time. One line is not just as dark as the other. He says, "I won't believe it until you get a blood test."
I go get a blood test the next day. It confirms the pregnancy.
He says, "I just still don't believe it."
He didn't believe it until the first ultrasound. Then, he started accepting it.
He had no reason not to believe it.

Second Pregnancy
This time was different because I was on birth control. Before telling him, I took 2 different kinds of tests. He didn't believe it. He wanted me to get another test.
I think I took 4 different kinds of tests..all positive. This time, they were all blaring positive. He said, "I won't believe until you go to the doctor."
I think (oh great here we go again). I went to the doctor and got the positive blood test. He stopped there and believed it this time.

But he was saying "IF" you are pregnant up until then. I know it's annoying but just remember that men don't have our bodies so they don't fully know the experience like we do. My husband has now bought new baby a carrier and a carseat and I'm only 7 weeks. So, I think sometimes men just take longer to accept it sometimes. Hang in there. I am sure he will stop saying once he is convinced. :hugs:

My OH was exactly the same way. With my first, I called from work to tell him I got a BFP on my lunch, and he asked what colour the line was. :dohh: Then he insisted I pick up a new test on the way home from work. I did that in front of him. Since my frist test had been a blue dye, and this one was a pink dye, he didn't believe me because the second test that he saw wasn't a blue line! :dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:
He still didn't believe until after the Dr did a urine test (even though I told him it was the exact same tests I was using)...and then did a blood test. Even after that, he kept telling me I wasn't "really pregnant" yet, because was only in my first trimester.
Men just don't know what they're talking about!! :nope:

Not this pregnancy, but with my 2 year old son DH pissed me off, haha.

I texted him while he was at work telling him,"we're PREGNANT!" he got soooo excited and told the ENTIRE family before my urine was dry, ha.

The test was done on a first response early result test "a line is still a line." The positive line wasn't RIGHT IN YOUR FACE bright pink, but the line was able to be seen at a fair distance away.

He comes home excited to see the test and I show him, he FLIPPED OUT!

"What the hell? The line isn't dark! I can't believe you, I told my whole family we were expecting a baby!!!"

…..:growlmad::growlmad::cry::cry::brat::brat::hissy::hissy::devil::devil::gun::gun::gun::gun: Angry doesn't even cover how upset I was that he ruined our celebration of the great news!!!!

My dh was like that in our first pregnancy.
This time my first bfp was a very faint one so he didn't believe it, but I took another one a few days later and it wasn't so faint so now he believes it and is excited :)

it takes time, he didn't show much enthusiasm during our first pregnancy but he's a great daddy to dd and has been great with her from the very first day. it takes some men time to realize what's happening, I honestly didn't expect him to accept it so quickly this time round!

My DH was the same until a doc test confirmed it.

When I took my first test and got two lines he right away said "Take the another one!" I replied "I have no more pee!"
He was in a rush to make a doc apt and kept saying little IFs and what not. Once the doc gave me my script for my prenatal pills he was excited and stopped saying the IFs.

I think they just have to be told by someone else so it's not coming from us.

My first 2 I took digital tests first so my DH had to believe them. But this one I took a FRER and the second line was lighter than the control line ( I took it at 5 pm the day before AF was due) and I was like that doesn't matter it's still a line and then the next day when I was complaining that I would have to cut back on caffine now he was like why, you can still have what you want you're like 10 minutes pregnant Silly men :dohh:

My OH was the same the first time but I think it's just more he was being cautious in the very early stages.
This time it was blazing so there was no denying it.
What irritates me more is how he/others think because you're only in the first tri you can't possibly be pregnant enough to have any symptoms yet.
"You're only X amount of weeks pregnant. You can't need to wee/ be sick /have cravings/ be tired yet"
😡�😧

Men are dumb, i had to take TWO tests to show my DH and he was the same.

they are dumb, that is all. LMAO

Try and not let it upset you, we just need to accept that they are idiots and that is just part of them. We love them anyway, and i am not sure they can help it. :haha::haha:

This time around hubby didn't take much convincing, but with our first he wasn't sure since the line was lighter than the control.

My OH was exactly the same way. With my first, I called from work to tell him I got a BFP on my lunch, and he asked what colour the line was. :dohh: Then he insisted I pick up a new test on the way home from work. I did that in front of him. Since my frist test had been a blue dye, and this one was a pink dye, he didn't believe me because the second test that he saw wasn't a blue line! :dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:
He still didn't believe until after the Dr did a urine test (even though I told him it was the exact same tests I was using)...and then did a blood test. Even after that, he kept telling me I wasn't "really pregnant" yet, because was only in my first trimester.
Men just don't know what they're talking about!! :nope:

This is really funny. Tx for sharing. haha

You know to say the least, my hubby KNEW I was pregnant before I even told him (and he very well should've considering he wanted it to happen) He has been excited, but not as excited as I want him to be. He does go to my appts, and he does keep the u/s pics with him, but I want the smiley all the time-omg we're pregnant-I'm gonna freak out like he was when I confirmed it to him. Now, it seems like it just faded. It's still there a smidget (every once in a while he rub my tummy or say "is my baby ok") but I want the full blown emotion!!! I guess I just want too much, but this is our first :baby: together, and HE wanted it, so yeah I'm expecting him to be MORE happy than I am! IDK just really irritated w/ him lately.

i think most men really get it when you start to show and they can feel the baby kick. until then, it's really abstract to them. and no wonder - they CAN'T be pregnant. they CAN NOT know how it feels to grow a life inside of you (and neither a woman can imagine or understand it before it actually happens).

they just see you - the very same you as before, bringing up the news. some get excited, some are shocked and it takes a while to sit in. it's hard to get as excited as us, simply because they have no direct experience of the baby until it kicks hard enough for them to feel. neither they have our hormonal highs.

actually, they're missing out on so much just for simply being men.

i actually wouldn't call them idiots. if something, i feel sorry. at least us women can get to experience that feeling in first person. they can't, as much as some would love to, especially later. and many feel a bit "excluded" and put asides as well.

BTW I just wanted at add so no one thinks I have the perfect husband: actually I tend to get really pissed off with him when I'm pregnant. He can absolutely do no right and I can't stop complaining about things that are in the past.

edit: maybe he is perfect and I'm a monster and he's putting up with me.....

Thanks ladies for the funny and sensible replies. DH has started being normal again and accepts that I'm pregnant but I'm the one who has started thinking it was all a dream.
it would be so much easier if we went from POAS to feeling kicks straight away. Lol.

it would be so much easier yeah definitely!!

last time my dh didn't feel/see kicks till kind of late. we were sleeping in one morning and baby started kicking. he saw my bump move and said, "are you very hungry or is that baby?" it woke me up and made me giggle :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->