DH did not get paid overtime and another pay question..

17thy

<3
Reaction score
In Florida we have a law that if you work overtime on a non-salary job you must be paid time and a half what your normal hourly wage is. Well for the past 2 paychecks in a row (we are paid every two weeks so this has been a month of income now) I just checked my husbands pay stubs and the overtime rate is set at the SAME rate as his normal pay. Can you say ILLEGAL! So the past two paychecks of overtime we have not been compensated properly.

I plan on calling their headquarters in Indianapolis as I was told by their customer service this is who I need to contact. If I do not receive a response from them then I was planning on going to the Department of Labor.

What do you suggest doing? Does that sound like an okay plan? This is not the first time the company has screwed us out of money. That first paycheck we didn't get paid over time, 26 hours of it was on server wage (4.30/hr) when my husband ISN'T a server, HIS wage is $8.75 an hour. How would I go about bringing that up as well? Or would we even be reimbursed for that?

I'm pretty mad.

Sorry hun, can't really help, don't know anything about USA/Floridian Law.

My DH is currently waiting for 90 hours overtime to be paid....some at time & half, some at double, some at 2 and half time. It's really annoying!

Hope you get it sorted x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"