DHEA? Advice on using it needed

bellamamma

3 with wings...
Reaction score
I know there are some women out there using dhea, could you help me out with dosage, what it does exactly and what side effects if any you've experienced? Reading the bottle is scary! Thanks!

I take 25mg but when I first started I could only take half. My moods were so affected and I was grouch and lots more hair growth. Good luck!! Some ladies can take more and it doesn't affect them at all. Maybe a little at a time and gradually increase... Good luck...

Thanks Garnet! I have 25 mg tabs but will start with half then. I have heard they improve egg quality? Is that correct or what exactly do they do?

That what has been said but you have to realize as you get older, you have maybe one or two eggs that are good. I had my last baby at 39/40 and had a healthy baby. I MC three times after. Last baby made it 18 weeks but had Trisomy 18. You just have to hope it is a healthy egg that is fertilized.

I take 75mg, the recommended dose, in the morning - you can build up to it.

Have a look at my blog in my signature.

Yes Garnet, I'm in the same boat as you, having lost three as well. That's why I'm trying to help out what I've got!
Tansey, your blog looks interesting with lots of info, will have a look, thanks!

My FS also put me on 75mg. I've been on it for almost a month and just started getting pimples. I'm not usually spotty, I get maybe one every few months around OV. In the last week however, I've counted 6.

I think acne is supposed to be one of the side effects. Aside from that, I haven't had any other visible symptoms.

Thanks crystal and l8bloomer, it's nice to see that your FS put you on it, must be something that does help! Do you take it the whole cycle or pre-ov?

Take it the whole cycle and do not stop taking it, you have to take it everyday and my FS told me I'd be taking it until I got pregnant and there was a heartbeat. It will not work if it isn't taken everyday. Also it does take 3-4 months before you get results:thumbup:

Aside from getting me a 3 month supply, my FS did not say to stop taking it at any time. He said it will make the ovaries more responsive to IVF, because I'm heading that route.

He also recommended Co Enzyme Q10, 600 mg a day to maximize egg quality.

Hope this info helps. :dust::dust::dust:

Thanks l8, I'm also taking the coq10, here's to us getting a sticky bean soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->