Dhea question! Please help?!

Yay yay!!!! Melissa do take that as a positive! I'm praying it stays with you for the rest of your life :)

It's all the hormones that causes my migraines and I don't want to take any strong migraine medication during the process, they told me only Tylenol :( I just have to live through it. I had a headache all this week since a started the bcp and stoped coffee :(

Back you you! Yay!!!!

Yayyyyy Melissa!!!! Thats awesome!! Congrats!!

BB ... Thats horrible w the migraines. Ugh!!! Hopefully you can get some relief!!

Melissa how's everything? Beta? I hope you are well and everything is ok

Ladylove, how are you? Counting the days? To me it's almost like time has slowed down now...

Hey!! Everything's pretty uneventful. 7 more bcp left... Then the fun begins. Hahaha I agree. Time is not moving!!!!

I had an endometrial biopsy done a few days ago, and a mock embryo transfer (again) to see if there were any new issues popping up. So far, nothing new.

A very snobby coworker of mine announced she was pregnant today, and made my skin crawl. I swear, dealing with infertility makes it feel like this these ppl can't wait to shove their fertility in your face. I know that's not true, but it's how my mind works nowadays.

Anything else new with you?

Hi Bbliss! My first beta was great- 228! I go back Thursday for my second. Fingers crossed!

great news Melissa! :)

ladylove, this TTC is, unfortunatly, a great life school, so many feelings we have to process, understand, control, accept... i remember in my younger years getting pregnant was so easy that i never thought that there could be people around me TTC and having problems and everything they were feeling... now from this side of the coin things are not easy, but I must say I just hope to come out a better person and not a bitter person, but its hard.

I wokeup spotting again today! second time! funny how I never forget my vitamins but tend to forget the BCP, not too long more I think my last BCP is Sunday!

Ladylove, I'm freaking out today! So I missed a BCP and got full AF today so I called the nurse and now I have to go in on mondayy for blood, u/s and start stims!!! Omg you know how I was just taking my time and trying to relax? Well that's over! Everything got pushed to Monday and I just got really nervous. They assured me it will be ok,I guess some people only take the BCP for a couple of weeks :(

I just hope I have plenty of follies!

Ahhhhh!!!!! So exciting!!!! I have my fingers crossed for tons of follies and a calm spirit for you!!! Here we go!!! :) :) I still have 3 more bcp... Is it terrible that your message made me contemplate "forgetting one" tonight, so I can bump this up!! Haha im tired if waiting!!!

Hahahahahah you are too funny, I was the opposite, I'm traumatized from my first IVF but now It's HERE!

I'll give you an update tomorrow after the scan :)

Couple more days for you :)

Hahahahahah you are too funny, I was the opposite, I'm traumatized from my first IVF but now It's HERE!

I'll give you an update tomorrow after the scan :)

Couple more days for you :)

So everything is a GO! And now I'm excited too hehe

My scan showed 15 follicles so that's really good :) and I started stimming this morning. So far I'm doing 225 follistim in the morning and 150 menopur at night, and that one I remember burns :(

In the end it really was no big deal I skipped that bcp :)

I'm pretty calm now finally, we had a three day weekend get away in a nice hotel in Miami beach so yesterday we did nothing but lounge by the hotel pool and relax, so perfect way to start this

Whatever happened was supposed to happen, all the stars are lined up and the universe is conspiring to bring me my destiny :)

I can't wait for you to start so we can compare notes :)

Yayyy!!!! 15 follies!!!! Thats great!!! Is that higher since you've been on Dhea? Mine jumped from a constant 11, to 15-22 since being in Dhea. Sooo thankful for that drug!

Yes... The menopur burns!! Worth every sting though!!

I'm so jealous of your weekend in Miami!!! I've had just the opposite.... I'm a teacher, and it's parent conference time... So I've had 26 parent conferences in the last week and a half!

I got my results from my 5th endometrial biopsy back today. They always find chronic endometritis (not endometriosis)... Its just inflammation of my uterus.... But they don't like to see it. So they always give me antibiotics, but it never takes it away. Last time, my doctor recommended going gluten free and dairy free. I've been doing so since June, and today's results were all clear!!!! Praise God!!

I looove your positivity!!!! I do think the stars have aligned for you!!! We soooo got this one. All systems: go!!!

Teaching has to be one of the hardest jobs in the world, you have to be so brave and so loving, what grade? And dealing with parents? Aiaiai I could never do it, you are a hero.

At my very first AFC I had 23 follicles and my AMH was 5.43! That was a little over a year ago then six months later I had 12 and at the time I did my first IVF I had 13 and that's when I started the DHEA about a month before it. It's now October and I've been on dhea since since February and I just had a AMH done again and it's now 2.43, half of what it was a year ago so I was afraid to see the AFC and was sooooo relived to see those 15 there, I really think there's more, my Dr it very conservative when it come to numbers, so he said "around 15" but I know it means more. YAY!!!!

It's good to see how well you did with it, it's very clear with you and since my "advanced age" hahahah maybe it's helping me keep what I have :)

I'm so glad you got rid of that inflammation, do you think that's why you weren't getting pregnant? Amazing that you Dr recommended the new diet and what a difference it made. Maybe that's all you needed!

You are more then ready :) we are :)

I just have to say that I'm sooooo thankful we "found each other" to go through this with!!! I get such a boost from reading your responses, and immediately gain a little more positivity!

Sounds like you truly have the fertility of someone in their 20's!!! Those numbers are awesome. Even if your Amh is half of what it was, that's still higher than average for any age group! Super!!!!

I have no idea if the lack of inflammation will make a difference, but I'm praying to every star in the sky that it does!!! Haha I was shocked to hear that a change in diet made a difference!! I may never eat gluten or dairy again!!

Teaching is tough, but also rewarding (sometimes). Haha I teach 4th grade, and my kids this year are amaaazing!!! The behavior and attitude of the kids really makes or breaks your job, in teaching.

What do you do?

I go in at 7 a. M. Tomorrow for my baseline before beginning Lupron. Having some anxiety about it, and hoping all my numbers are good. One thing I've learned, is not to rely too much on the numbers. Last cycle I had 22 afc, 17 eggs and Bfn.... Meanwhile I was talking with someone who had an afc of 9, 5 eggs and Bfp! I keep telling myself this so I don't beat myself up too much. I tend to get obsessed with worrying about the numbers, the rise in e2, etc. It's a tough haul... As you know. But WE ARE TOUGHER!! here we go.... Climbing that first big Hill of the roller coaster....

Thank you!!! I'm so glad I found you post :) really! It's nice to be so close, and you are lucky I went first ahhahaha I'm the kind of girl who never likes to go first LOL

My dr never wants to tell me the numbers, I'm always just looking at the monitor, I'm the same way :) they make me feel better :)

You know... I may be delusional but I really believe I'm still fertile. We have sperm issues and a blocked tube or I think I could have been pregnant a long time ago. The first time we checked his sperm he had zero morphology! So no chance, he's on supplements and it made a difference but I don't think it's that strong :(

Tomorrow morning is the easy part :) eeeeaaasy you don't have to worry about a thing:) it's just your baseline, and you haven't messed up your BCP like I did LOL your ovaries are going to be nice and quiet :) I screwed up and I was still ok :)

I model and also now I'm a makeup artist for TV/commercials/print ads, since I had already been in that industry for 25 years makeup was a good second career and I LOVE it. I freelance so I don't have that much work :( I'm Brazilian and I'm sure you've noticed my writing is a little off hahaha well, that's why

I am sort of upset (okay really upset) leaving my appt. They did my afc and I had 15 as well.... But at first they only saw 11!! It wasn't until I said "I just had 15 ten days ago!!" And then they redid it. She said "I'm sorry, I wasn't counting the small ones. If I count the small ones you still have 15" well now I feel like maybe they just said that to make me feel better... And maybe all this time taking dhea has done nothing after all. She said "you should be happy with that. 15 is above average for the fertility patients we see" but I still cried. :( I hate hate hate the numbers game.

I agree.... It definitely sounds like you are still fertile!!! Those numbers are sooo Good!!! Hopefully the supplements are working for your husband's sperm count. It seems like there always has to be multiple hurdles...

A model and makeup artist?! Wow!!! What an exciting life!!! I'm jealous!! I would have nev r guessed you were from Brazil.... Your English is perfect!! :) have a great day!

Hey :hugs: no need to be upset. I get a lot from number too, you know I've learned that an ultrasound reading is largely interpreted by the one performing it. I've also learned to count my follicles myself. They don't care as much as we do and besides all they care is that it's a good number, but we want the details hehe I just pick at the monitor and try to count with them, I know the image is a cross-section of the ovary so when they sweep it across all the black circles are each a follicle but when you see two or three on the screen there could be more behind it so when they move the others appear. Well, I just like to "see" it for myself and that's why I know they sometimes don't count all of them, because they are not worried. If we only had three or four then they wouldn't be missing anything.

15 is a great start for us!!!!! Study shows the women with an average of 15 eggs have a better success rate, it's true! Look it up!

You are doing everything right ladylove, and I have a feeling now that you got that inflammation cleared this is going to be IT :)

Thanks so much for the encouragement!! You are sooo right.... It does seem like some of the ultra sound techs see more than others!! I need to start requesting the same one each time. Haha I always try to count the follicles too, but they move so fast and sometimes it just looks like a hurricane radar. Haha

I am sooo glad that inflammation cleared up!! I'm hoping that will help!! How are you feeling tonight? Taking shots??

Grow, little follies, grow!!!

My turn to be upset :(

I just got back from scan and my RE just didn't take his time looking at my follicles, he kind of just measured the bigger ones and they were only 7! I'm not responding as well as I did with my first cycle. They upped my menopur to 3 vials at night now and I'm still waiting for a call this afternoon with my E2 results.

They measured between 7 and 13mm and I did see other smaller ones around it so I'm just praying they catch up. What's your experience?

How are you doing?

Awww please don't be upset!!! I'd take that as great news!! My last cycle, on day 4 of stims, I only had 7 measurable too... And I ended up with 17 eggs. I'm prayyyyying they see 7 at my next appt!!

Remember.... The numbers don't matter!!! People with much lower numbers than me got pregnant last time and I didn't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->