Diary products!

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
I'm confused! I thought dairy products like cheese, eggs, yogurt and cows milk couldnt be given until 12months? Have i been misinformed? I have a book which says at 6months you can give all these!? Also what about Petit filous fromage frais? On the website it says they can be given from 4months? Cant belive a book i've only just bought it wrong!

Anyone know? Thanks xx

i haven't looked into lately my youngest is 2 1/2 but i remember not starting those foods until 12 mths

I thought it was 6 months, cows milk can be used on cereals e.g weetabix from 6 months but not for baby to drink on own x x

Cows milk cannot be given as a drink but can be used in preparing foods and put on cereal to soggy i up - It has to be full fat all the time. Not sure on yogurts but I'd say so yer - thanks for info from the carton for recommended age I'm going to buy some hehe!

yep 6 months, wheat as well can be given at this age as well as meat and chicken, cheese etc. But try to hold fish of till nearer the year mark, something to do with some mineral in it I think and absolutely no honey till after a year and keep on formula as a main drink till 1 but definitely introduce the full fat whole milk that lo will be drinking when 1. And no nuts either and steer clear awaw from any lowfat, low calorie stuff; baby needs loads of those! :)

I thought cow's milk from 1 year onwards and eggs very well boiled from 8 month onwards!

but yes, joghurt and cheese etc, I read as well from 6-7+
I wanted to try joghurt soon, but cheese must be cream cheese, -which is processed and therefore I don't want give it too LO at this stage- or not, otherwise how should they be able to eat it???

I give ordinary cheddar cheese.

i gave yoghurt from 6 months, along with cheese and egg... My HV agreed. he also has cows milk on his cereals.

but they must have teeth already, no???

no I grate it into veggies and mash it, its a good source of protein and its handy when you havent chicken or meat on the go.

you're welcome hun :) and I promise you Juleika will love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->