Did anyone have a D&C after m/c??

louise85

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is my first pregnancy since having to have a D+C 3 years ago.

I am incredibly paranoid about any damage done to my cervix (blame it on google!!)

Anyone else in this position?? Or any success stories??

xx

I had a D&C after my lost girl was born at 17 weeks in Mar 2008 - her placenta did not come out with her.
I had another m/c in July 2008 at 7 weeks.

My daughter Josephine was born on 7th Sep 2009 by emergency C-section, a few days overdue and too big to come out normally! She has had no problems, and the surgeon made no comment about any D&C effect on cervix etc.

Don't give up hope! And don't worry about the effects of a D&C unless they have told you to.

Good luck.

I had a d and c after I lost my little pip at 9 weeks. I got pregnant again 4 months later - Dom is now 4 months old x

I had a D&C done in august of 09, found out in November we were expecting again. YIPEE. So far doctor has made no comment on cervical incompetence relating to the surgery. I dont think they yank open the cervix, they dilate it first. Im thirteen weeks today. Everything should be good :D

Thank you girlies :flower:

I think we always find something to worry about! Must be the mothering instinct!

I am now staying away from google, :nope:

xxx

i've had 2 d&c's, and am now doing very well at 13 1/2 weeks, have had no comments about any problems, and have had a tonne of scans, so i'm sure you'll be fine!

8 years ago after my first I had 6 D&C's within 3 months, 6 years later had a healthy pregnancy, lost in Feb 09 followed by D&C and am now 21 weeks pregnant.

I'm sure you'll be fine hun.

Google is great for everything other than medical related - I'm terrible for self diagnosing and end up scaring the hell outof myself, definately no more google for you :winkwink:

I had a d/c in july 08 and january 09 and am currently nearly due with no probs to cervvix as far as i have been told- its so hard not to worry isnt it?am sure all is fine or you would have been told
x

I had a D & C in November 2008, found out i was pregnant New years Eve and now have a 4 month old.

D&C here for MMC in March 09 and 16+ week preg now, no bleeding whatsoever. I guess my notes said my os was still closed when they had tried to dilate me before for the D&C, so apparently my cervix is good at staying shut.

MMC August 08 and had to have a D&C. Got pregnant again in November 08, and now have my beautiful daughter to show for it. :thumbup: I know it's easier said than done but try to relax hun! Good luck!! :hugs::hugs:

:hugs: to all you ladies! This thread is very encouraging!

I'm having D&C tomorrow, and hope I don't have to wait too long after for a BFP!

It is very encouraging!! :hugs: to you all!!

Good luck OHaimommy, lots of sticky dust to you, hope you are well

xxx

With my first I had a MMC and was told I should have a D&C and that if I didn't I would probably end up needing one anyway which swayed me at the time. I got pregnant not too long after but that ended in a M/C but this is my third pregnancy and I am 26 weeks tomorrow so all is going well so far. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->