Did anyone have thick brown discharge/blood with their mc/mmc??

BLC34

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I think I'll be joining you in this forum very soon and I hope you don't mind me posting in here to get your opinions?

I've had 3 early scans in the last fortnight as I had three days of persistant brown discharge and mw wanted to check all ok. EPU think baby stopped growing two weeks previous as very small and no hb.

I've got one more scan on 4th Jan and if baby hasnt grown and/or no hb then I'll be having a D&C. I've been told to expect the worst and they told me I might lose the baby naturally in the meantime.

For the last 4 days I've been having really thick mucky discharge where I need to wear a pad night & day. It's just like brown blood really, but when I wipe, it's also pinkish. I'm not in any pain at all. Does this sound like i'm losing the baby naturally to any of you or should I definately be in pain??

The hospital didn't really tell me what to expect if I mc before 4th.

Sorry - I know this is the ttc forum, but noone in the first trimester seemed able to help xx

hey hun,
didnt want to read and run.. sorry to hear what your going through :hugs:

il have my fingers crossed for you x

im currently going through a natural miscarraige and i have had ALOT of brown thick discharge and pure blood, a few clots but i have a scan on 12th jan to see if it has happened naturally or if i will need a D&C.
As it is my first MC and was my first pregnancy i dont really know what to expect, i know the doctor said brown discharge is the older blood coming away and bright red blood is oviously new blood and its the fresh new blood thats more to worry about..

hope this helped..
Em x

I have had 4 m/c but they have all been before 6 weeks. I had lots of brown discharge for a couple of days before I get period pains, just stronger cramping and passing larger clots.

I am so sorry you are going through this, thinking of you x

hi hunny, when i had my mmc it started out the same as this. Sending ((hugs)) When things really kicked off i had really bad cramps worse than period pains, and then the blood loss. This happened about two weeks after the brown discharge. I had to go into hospital to make sure i did not need a d&c but luckily it was ok thinking of you at this time x x

So sorry to hear you are going through this. :hugs:
We have all been through similar situations, so if you need anyone to talk to, you know where we are
xx

my miscarriages have all started with pinky/beige cm which developed to brown cm and only once miscarriage had been confirmed via scans did I ever get red blood. I didn't have too much pain just manageable cramping but again this was only after mc confirmed, I wouldn't have known anything was wrong if it hadn't been for funny coloured cm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->