Did anyone's 17/ 18 month old drop naps?

lau86

Reaction score
This girl is crazy! She just doesn't seem to get tired during the day. She will pull her ears but is otherwise ok. She goes to bed 6.30/7 and wakes up around 7 in the morning. She will fall asleep in the car and will at home too but fights it. I love nap time it's a great time to recharge my batteries. Is this the start of the end?!

Yep my ds2 pretty much stopped at around 18 months. So jealous of my friend, her daughter still has 2-3 hour naps now! (They are the same age)

My biggest problem is that a lot of the things we go to are a car ride away and if she is really tired she will fall asleep in the car, even without her dummy. Then she won't nap at all at home. My ds2 dropped naps a year ago or so and has recently gone back to having them sometimes!

Yes, not long after she turned 1. I didn't mind as she was horrid when she woke up from her naps. She has always gone to bed around 7:30pm and usually wakes around 7 am. She sometimes falls asleep in the car if we are out after lunch, but when the car stops she typically wakes right up.

My DS started refusing his naps at around 17/18 months but I'm not ready for him to stop so I just persisted and now a few months later he is back to napping everyday. It was tough for a few weeks though!

You poor thing, I would be devastated if my DD stopped napping! She is 17 months and usually has two naps, each an hour and a half long, and sleeps 7-7 at night. Occasionally she will only have one nap that's 2-3 hrs long, but we are still pretty solidly on a two nap schedule. She fought the morning nap for a few weeks but I persisted and she went back to napping in the morning.

My ds2 dropped them at around this age but then randomly started having them again about 9 months later. He's now 3 and 4 months and I have to battle to keep him awake during the day or he doesn't sleep at night

Man, my 4 year old dropped naps at 2.5 and still falls asleep in the car sometimes! But for him it ruins bedtime.

My DD is 23 months and sometimes only takes a half hour nap, been shortening her nap from around 20 months. It sucks. She still needs her power nap though.

My kids stopped napping a few times in their life, but it was always just a phase that would last a week or two.

DS1 is 4 in June and he naps 1.5 hours per day. His bedtime sleep has gotten shorter though (used to be 12 hours at night, and now down to about 10). He seemed to have shortened bedtime rather than drop nap, but I actually prefer that as I need the down time in the day and don't mind staying up later with him.

DS2 is 21 months and naps about 1-1.5 hours per day. He sleeps 11 hours at night.

She had a two hour nap this morning at nannies and she is still awake now chatting to herself. She obviously doesn't need the nap. I think I would prefer the nap and later bedtime but I know hubby likes them all in bed on time

I'm fearing this with my 17 month DD. She dropped to one nap around 10 months and if she sleeps beyond an hour, she's really difficult to get to sleep at night.

My ds dropped his naps at 18 months. For a little while he would fall asleep in the car occasionally but after a month or so he stopped that too. He is 6 now and only ever naps if he is really poorly. Dd is almost 3. She only dropped her naps around christmas. She still tries to nap sometimes, but we have to keep her awake. Otherwise she is difficult to get to sleep at night and then wakes up at 12am and is wide awake till 3. One nap, and her sleepings ruined for a week.

My 18 month old naps for 3 hours lol. My eldest napped until 3.5. Occasionally they've both gone through phases of fighting naps but I always persist. Even if they didn't sleep they were in their cot for an hour for quiet time!

My dd is 19 months and doesn't nap every day. Personally, I'd rather her skip the nap and go to bed earlier as we often need to wake her up in the morning when we are working which means she's grouchy and naps. If we keep her busy she is usually up at 7am and goes until 7pm. She might nap in the car but we stay pretty central so that's only maybe 20 minutes max.

If we have her nap at home she fights it, then oversleeps for maybe 1-2 hours, then her bedtime is a nightmare, then we need to wake her up in the morning.

She goes through stages when she sleeps loads though. I'm of the opinion that she will set her own sleep pattern which fits around our routine. I'd get grouchy if someone tried to force me to go to sleep! Her natural sleep pattern fits in best.

This girl is crazy! She just doesn't seem to get tired during the day. She will pull her ears but is otherwise ok. She goes to bed 6.30/7 and wakes up around 7 in the morning. She will fall asleep in the car and will at home too but fights it. I love nap time it's a great time to recharge my batteries. Is this the start of the end?!

This is a hard age for napping. Don't give up yet. It should get easier when the phase passes.

Mine is refusing to nap in the crib. He is almost 18 months. Has a cold and teething. He doesn't even want to sleep in the crib at night. He cries during our bedtime routine and for 5 minutes in the crib. He desperately needs his nap as he is a wreck come 4pm. He will sleep on me with varying results when he is ready to pass out. 10 minutes to 1.5 hours. I'm worried about it becoming habit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->