Did/do you get judged?

If you are happy with your decision on how you feed your LO then you might find you are less sensitive to others' remarks iyswim?
it sounds like you would have lots of support on here and hopefully irl from those around you who will support you in your journey as a new mum. that, along with knowing exactly what you want and how you want to do it, will help you to feel confident if that makes sense.
guess what im trying to say is that irl i was really never aware of anyone 'judging' anyone else for how they fed their lo's. in fact i don't even know how some of my friends fed theirs :blush: and i am aware that some people are very against FF and try to push that on other people, but I feel strongly that not everyone who BF's is like that (some people are very against BF too)

You will probably find that everyone has an opinion on bloody everything you do as a mum - somehow, everything you do suddenly becomes public property, not sure why that is! My thoughts are, it's then up to you how you take that - whether you smile and ignore it knowing you know best, or whether you take it as a personal attack and feel bad about it. My choice is definitely the former :)

I think Ellie has it exactly right, it's the fact that I'm so unhappy about FF that makes me feel like I'm being judged as I'm sure no-one really cares! It's all in my head and something I need to deal with.

I think Ellie has it exactly right, it's the fact that I'm so unhappy about FF that makes me feel like I'm being judged as I'm sure no-one really cares! It's all in my head and something I need to deal with.

:hugs:

aw that kind of sounds like its your fault too when its not!!! sorry i didnt necessarily mean its all our fault. people ought to be more sensitive, but sadly theyre usually not (clearly me included :blush:)

We decided to FF from birth and aside from one MW asking us about it when I was in the birthing pool (great timing there! lol) and sort of 'stating the case' for BF, I never met any opposition, and I gave birth in a 'natural' birthing centre. The most zealous responses are normally on here tbh. I haven't had anyone in polite conversation ask me why I didn't BF - oh actually I lie, my Mum tried to make me do it while I was still PG, but I told her to shove off! Even my HV (who had BF 6 babies herself) didn't question my decision and simply wrote 'FF From Birth' on my pre-birth notes lol.

I must admit, early in my PG when I knew that I would be FFing, I did brace myself for having to fight the battles, but they never came. :shrug: Maybe I was lucky, but I think the vast majority of people are happy to let you make up your own mind, provided you have a valid and educated reason. Be sure in your own mind what you want for your baby/family and no-one can/will question you much.

Great thread I posted something similar in third tri yesterday. I decided early on to FF and have been sick of all the comments from 'friends' saying what a shame it is and how Im missing out and wont bond with my baby. Thankfully my hubby fully supports this decision. Ive not had the feeding discussion with my midwife yet though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->