Did I imagine this? Help before I lose my marbles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bid

Reaction score
I remember seeing something last year but can't find it now, and it's driving me mad because I want to buy one! It was one of those wooden christmas countdown things (a bit like the one below) but it had a box/drawer underneath that held a treat for the day. So basically a wooden advent calendar but with one big drawer instead of lots of little ones. And you just changed the numbers each day.

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/...days-til-christmas-santa-wooden-countdown.jpg

Any ideas? I'm hoping it wasn't a pinterest homemade thing I saw, I'm no good at wood carving :haha:

oops..posted a link to amazon for the one you showed in your post, then reread your post and you said 'kind of like this one but with a drawer'.

It's driving me mad, I usually bookmark everything but don't have it saved. I remember thinking it'd be a great idea instead of trying to find things to fit in the tiny drawers. My back-up plan is just to buy a small christmassy gift box and have his elf sitting next to it each day, as if he's brought him a present. He's only just turning 3 so the usual elf on the shelf concept is a bit lost on him! But I can see him getting excited about a little present every day.

There's a page called Handmade Christmas on Facebook. It's lots of different craft folk all making (normally) high quality christmassy stuff.

If you message them with what you are looking for they'll put a shout out for you and the various makers can post links to similar products they make in the comments.

I used it lots last year and a bit thus year. It was great for finding unique gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"