Did I miss my chance?

NordicSnow

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

So here is the basics and I wonder if anyone can relate.

I am 27 healthy and I have never been on birth control and only used condoms a couple times. Never had any issues with my period and my gyno doc says I can get pregnant. ( Hence her constantly trying to put me on the pill at every appointment ) I just felt that sex is a responsibility and I wanted to be in control of my body without the chemicals. So I am still currently and have always been pill free. I have had 4 long term relationships and always had unprotected sex for a years.

I have never been pregnant and never thought I was. Three years ago I started wanting to be pregnant. I am constantly thinking ok this month I will get pregnant and then I am once again completely depressed when my period comes.

I am married now and still nothing.

Anyway, I feel during the month that this is it...only to be disappointed.

After all the years thinking that ONE time would result in pregnancy and avoiding sex in my teens and early 20s. Now having unprotected sex with multiple long term partners and being married. I can't help but think did I miss my chance of becoming pregnant?

My mother tells me to stop thinking about it and it will come. I did that for a year just relax and not worry. Now I am having sex and laying on my back afterwards with my feet in the air. I am trying multiple techniques and reading different pregnancy books.

Does anyone have a similar problem?
How long did it take to get pregnant?

Is it really this hard!!!! :growlmad:

No, you most definitely didn't miss your chance. 27 is still very young.

Try charting with an app like fertility friend, use OPKs, etc so you know your fertile days. No need to put your legs up after DTD. Just lay down flat for about 10 minutes before you get up. The sperm know where they need to go, changing gravity might confuse them. Start taking a prenatal vitamin. Eat healthy, exercise, get plenty of sleep.

Has your husband's sperm been tested?

I agree with pp that you should chart so you can make sure your cycle is okay and your ttc on the best days. I also had long term relationships with no close calls ever in my 20's and early 30's and often wondered if I'd missed my chance when I hit 33 and hadn't conceived. Turns out my cycles had big issues that I'd never have known about had I not charted. There are ways to help conception along once you identify where your cycle may be able to be helped.

Good luck and and know that a lot of us got a late start and bfp!

I agree with the other ladies that you should start temping every day and/or using OPKs so you know when you ovulate. Your most fertile days will be one and two days before you ovulate. I would say that if you time intercourse correctly for another four months or so and still aren't pregnant then it will be time to get some testing done with your doctor. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->