Did I miss my LH surge? UPDATE

LoveIsAllINo

GETTING HEALTHY FOR BABY
Reaction score
UPDATE: I took another OPK. I labeled it CD 10 as well but I took it around 1 a.m. so I guess technically it is CD 11. It looks completely positive to me what about you guys??

It is the last OPK

Hi ladies. I have had zero luck in the OPK forum. Not many women seem to visit that part of the forum.

I am new to OPK's and right now just trying to learn my body and if I get a BFP in the meantime great.

We are not trying right now, but a baby would be welcome with lots of love.

Just began tracking my cycle using OPK's.

I tested CD 7, 9 and 10 thus far. It looked like CD 9 was a positive just a smidgen lighter than the control line. And now today at CD 10 the line is much lighter and looks like CD 7's test.

Did I miss my surge? I definitely have increased CM that I noticed yesterday after a BM and I am a bit constipated.

Thank you ladies in advance. Baby dust!

Attachments

• OPKCD11.jpg
    OPKCD11.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 11
I would keep doing opks and bding just in case. How long are your cycles usually? Are you coming off of bcp or any changes? I would give it until cd 20 with opks. If you don't get a positive then I say I would say you probably did surge on the 9th. It just feels a smidge early.

Agreed keep up the BD
That's an early O unless you have short cycles
You may want to invest in a digi opk to avoid line guessing.
I use reg opks but have to test twice a day not to miss my surges.
They generally are pos 2 days total and one of those is just a fraction off in color from control...sometimes both are, but I know my O usually is with 24 hrs of my first +opk, and the 2nd +opk is the tail end, and gets lighter from there.

Thank you ladies. No I am not coming off birth control. I thought CD 9 was a little early myself. So I will keep on testing. Thanks!

I would keep doing opks and bding just in case. How long are your cycles usually? Are you coming off of bcp or any changes? I would give it until cd 20 with opks. If you don't get a positive then I say I would say you probably did surge on the 9th. It just feels a smidge early.

Agreed keep up the BD
That's an early O unless you have short cycles
You may want to invest in a digi opk to avoid line guessing.
I use reg opks but have to test twice a day not to miss my surges.
They generally are pos 2 days total and one of those is just a fraction off in color from control...sometimes both are, but I know my O usually is with 24 hrs of my first +opk, and the 2nd +opk is the tail end, and gets lighter from there.

Oops! Just realized I forgot to post a picture. I added it. Can you ladies give it a look?

I have never used fr ovulation kits, is the test line on the right? Because the left lines are very dark

CD 9 looks closest to pos. My LH surges are short, and sometimes I only catch the right before almost pos and the right after almost pos.
CD9 looks like your + prob came a few hours later than that .
and 10 was the downward part.
If you BD just before or on CD10 you should be good!
I have to confirm with temps, but it also may be a run up to O and not yet going thru, and another surge may come ( unless you have short cycles again).
GL and DUST!:dust:

Agreed 9 looks closest. it is hard to make guesses because you can go from nothing to surge and vice versa. I know a lot of women have short surges. I don't. My surge is 2-3 days with a noticeable peak one day 2 afternoon. I say keep dtd every other day and testing every day for another week. Temping is really the only way to know for sure at home if you missed or not. Got my fxed

The 10/11 one definitely looks positive to me. Good luck!

Agreed. It looks just positive so probably the early side of your surge. Test again fmu and in the afternoon to see of it gets lighter or darker. Annnd dtd! :) FXed

Agreed. It looks just positive so probably the early side of your surge. Test again fmu and in the afternoon to see of it gets lighter or darker. Annnd dtd! :) FXed

I took your advice and tested just now at 4 pm. It is VERY negative. It is a little lighter than CD 7's test. I also have AF type of cramps though mild. I was also a bit crampy during BD. I am really excited because this is my first month using OPK's.

Thank you so much for your help

ETA: For anyone that may read this in the future. I think my urine must have been diluted because I tested again and it is still very, very positive

Swoot. You should DTD tonight too for good measure. ;)

I like OPKs, but I only like to use them when temping. I worry too much so I like something I can't argue with.

Swoot. You should DTD tonight too for good measure. ;)

I like OPKs, but I only like to use them when temping. I worry too much so I like something I can't argue with.

I completely agree. When you're not temping you always have to question whether you actually O'd or not.

Well lots of baby dust! I know you said you're just getting to know your body for now, but I hope you get that bfp in two weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->