Did I ovulate this month?

melewen

Reaction score
Hi ladies, kind of nervous over here! I went to my ob/gyn about a week ago because of a few dull aches around my right ovary and they did an ultrasound and found a complex cyst. Doc says she's not worried about it at all, just looks like some blood in there, and I'm scheduled for a follow-up in 6 weeks.

DH and I have been BD'ing beautifully on schedule but I never got a positive OPK. I've never gotten a positive OPK before, though, but I think I always stopped testing too early (according to FF and whatnot), so not really anything to compare it to. My CM was a little different, I think, but I also feel like I'm putting a fair amount of pressure on this cycle to conceive. Two days ago I had a BBT dip and then yesterday had a huge spike (and some EWCM, so we BD'd anyway as a bonus round), so I was like woohoo! Definitely ovulated! But then today the temp went down - to a little above the highest pre-spike temp.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5225eb/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

What's your take on this? Did I ovulate? Have you known a non-PCOS cyst to interfere with any of this? Doc said it shouldn't interfere with ovulation OR conception, but meh! I trust her so much, so I don't really even know why I'm asking.. maybe I didn't for another reason? Or maybe I did and I'm just being insanely impatient? I've had this *feeling* about this cycle all month (and I have a pretty weird intuition about certain things like imminent text messages and new clients.. sounds dorky but totally true and sometimes creepy) and have been trying to do everything right. What do you think?

well - going off ovulation from last month at CD18 my guess is that you did ovulate again CD18 and that dip you had today is a fallback rise. I had one of those a few months back, it's just a temp drop to the coverline or below at 2DPO - from what I read it ALWAYS happens at 2DPO.

I'd say just BD one more time for good measure and keep temping, if it goes back up tomorrow and the next day I bet FF will give you CH at CD18.

And remember - OPK's only detect LH in your system, some women never get a positive but they do ovulate. And just because you get a positive doesn't mean you will ovulate.

Thanks for the response - makes me feel a lot better! I do think I have low LH in my system. When I take OPK's the test line is always SUPER light, like usually a "faint line" you would see in a BFP. On CD 16 I had the darkest test line I've ever had, so I'm guessing that was probably my version of a positive. I just can't help but be a bit anxious because I so badly want this to be *the month*! :)

i agree with what Beachy said!:thumbup:

get one more day in :winkwink: and keep temping.
hopefully it goes back up tomorrow, FF will give you crosshairs and you'll be 3DPO.

keep us posted!

You guys were right - went back up this morning! So happy about that. I feel like this could be the month! Thank you both so much for quelling my premature anxiety :) it can just be so hard to *wait it out* with this stuff. Especially TTC #1! I just want to know I CAN get preggers and have a little one, you know? So now I'm deep in the tww!

yay!:thumbup:

yeah, the waiting is bad! also, was just looking at your chart from last month, if it does a similar thing as last month, you might get a temp drop at 6 or 7DPO.

i have only been temping 2 months, but those dips mid cycle are so loaded. they get you (er, me, at least:roll:) hopeful and upset all at the same time, so try as best you can not to worry about them until it gets close to the end of your LP. or, that's what i'm gonna try to do this cycle because otherwise i let my temperature each morning dictate how i feel for that day:wacko::dohh:

Uh yeah, I thought I was bad at reading into every action and text when I was dating.. this is so much worse! Hah! But yeah, my temps were a little funkier pre-O this month BUT last month I used the dreaded pink Walgreens thermometer.. which seemed to always give me one of three temps. So we'll see. Hoping for a nice implantation dip and triphasic cycle, too.. just saying.. :D

I remember when I got that Fallback rise and I was in a panic wondering WTF was happening and if I did O! It made me feel so much better to learn about that dip, since it never had happened before and it has never happened since!

Just one of those things, i guess! Oh the joys of TTC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->