Did Metformin work for you and if so how long did it take?

growlil1

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage last month and was told by my OB/GYN that I suffered from PCOS so he put me on Metformin 1000mg daily to help me get pregnant again. Has anyone had success stories using Metformin and if so how soon did it take for you to get pregnant. I've only been using it for 4 days now and haven't had my AF since my miscarriage. How long after a miscarriage does it take for you to ovulate?

I am on Metformin and have been for about a year - 1500mg daily. I did not have a miscarriage, but went of birth control pill and my period did not return. I was on Metformin for 4 months I think before AF returned but I was only successful this month after 2 rounds of Clomid in getting my BFP. Good Luck.

i have been on it for two weeks but i have periods on my own but no bfp of yet!

Been on it for a week, to compliment Clomid I suppose. I will let you kno if it works lol. I don't have pcos or diabetes and have normal periods. I'm not super happy about meds but if I get my bfp its worth it!

I had a miscarriage last month and was told by my OB/GYN that I suffered from PCOS so he put me on Metformin 1000mg daily to help me get pregnant again. Has anyone had success stories using Metformin and if so how soon did it take for you to get pregnant. I've only been using it for 4 days now and haven't had my AF since my miscarriage. How long after a miscarriage does it take for you to ovulate?

I was diagnosed with pcos too in 2006 did a few months of birth control pills and metformin to get a period but metformin made me sick then cos i was really slim so i discontinued. Got married in Nov 2011 and have been trying to concieve. I just started metformin again in February 2013 did one round of 100mg clomid day 2-6 but was unsuccessful. still on metformin now but this time around with duphaston for 15 days, then i will try another round of clomid. sorry dear i know this doesnt answer your question but to let you know you are not alone. baby dust to us all

Im on 1000mg of met a day, I have pcos but I ovulate fine and have 30 day cycles so for me its to reduce the risk of mc. I started 3 days ago on cd1 after my early mc. I did get pg with my son on first cycle using met 2 year ago so hoping I catch quick again but I dont do the every other day bd thing I have sex from cd 7 or 8 till my cm dries up about cd15-16. I have 4 babies already and trying for number 5 so im doing something right lol

Today is my 1st day 1000mg im hoping it works for me im on cd 12 due to o soon i do by myself just have a short lp phase ive got npc for that
my doc said after 3 more cycles we can look at clomid
Im hoping to see some positive stories on here
P.s i take it for type 1 diabetes

After just a couple days of posting this I believed I ovulated. I had taken opk's for the next 5 days and bd before and during my positives. Now I'm 5 DPO and experiencing cramping so I'm hoping that's good news. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Baby dust to everyone!!!!

I am on 1500 mg of Met a day and started about 6 weeks ago...I have PCOS and apparently do not ovulate on my own, at least not every cycle...just confirmed that I did not O this cycle and am now on Prometrium to revamp AF and start a new cycle...When I started the Met the FS did say it can take 3 months to see the full effects so just sitting, wishing, waiting...seeing the FS on Wednesday and am going to inquire about using Clomid next round...will keep you posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->