did my LO lose weight :/ !? please help

Sammiesfirst

Reaction score
Ok so I'm a first time mom so definitely new to all of this .. I had a scan on thursday * 20 wks + 2 * & i was looking at my 12 wk scan and it seems like the babys weight is smaller.. idk how to read it & it was hard to tell the length because the baby was balled up.. can you guys tell me what the measurements uptop mean ? please help im sooo worried. ( i have another scan on tuesday *anatomy scan* )

12 wk scan & 20 wk scan.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20wkhide.jpg
    20wkhide.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 28
You said weight, do you mean the length?I *think* at the 12 week scan they are still measuring the babies full length and at the 20 week scan then only measure the crown to rump (bum) length as when babies are bigger it's more accurate and easier to measure.

Other way around, I'm pretty sure. Up to 20 weeks is crown to rump; 20 on should be the full length of baby.

I don't think the measurement at the top is the length of your baby -- that would give you, at 20 weeks, a baby around 4 inches and your ultrasound tech (or doctor or midwife or someone) would've said something.

I'm not exactly sure what those numbers are but I know they constantly change during the scan and I think they are something to do with the equipment and how deep the sonogram goes or something. It's like at certain parts its only going 12 cm in to see the baby in others 11cm. I expect as you're further along there's less depth before it gets to baby and picture is shown. Hope this makes some sort of sense, sorry x

Hey hun
Ur like me- a real worrier!! But uv just got to think that if ur baby had got smaller, they would have 100% told u as that would be serious cause for concern. As said before- they take different measurements at 20 week scan to 12 week,plus u can see that ur LOs gestational age is recorded on the scan as 20 weeks 2 days- im fairly certain they work that out based on measurements,as opposed to ur last period, to give u an exact due date (on my scan pic i had 2 dates-one went by LMP and one was called gesational age, and went by the measurements from scan,so assuming thats the same for u).. So ur baby is obviously measuring spot on!!:)

I know its hard,but try and relax. In future, try and remember they would tell u if something was wrong- they cant not. There is no way that if ur baby had not only not grown, but shrunk, in the time between weeks 12-20, that the drs wouldnt have been very concerned, and they would be doing all kinds of tests, id imagine, to figure out whats happening.

Relax, ur LO is doing great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->