Did you birth plan's go to plan

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
Basically as the title says. Did your birth go how you planned it

Mine was no where near

Wanted to go naturally = I had to be induced on the drip

Wanted to be a birthing pool= Because of the drip Aidan's heart rate had to be monitored so I was layed down the whole time.

Wanted to move around= strapped to a heart monitor so couldn't

JUst gas and air NO epidural= because I wouldn't do what i planned to manage the pain e.g. bounce on gym ball, push whilst on hands and knees, be in the pool, I couldnt cope with the pain and ended up having an epidural

Have a healthy baby (the most important thing)= Yes and I glad that went to plan :)

So as you can see my plan just didnt happen

What happened to you girls
xxx

I didnt really have a birth plan, i just wanted to go with the flow, but what i did know was that i wanted her naturally, prefably no epidural and that happened.

I did want to have a bath and move around but couldnt being strappd to endless monitors and things :dohh: but i actually think with the pain at the time i couldnt of moved.

I voted nope not in the slightest!

~I wanted a water birth at a midwife led centre near my home, with my OH there the whole time, I wanted 'our song' to be playing on th Ipod as LO took her first breath and to be left alone with our new baby for the first hour of her life.

~I actually got a crash csection at 32 weeks due to pre eclampsia. I was put to sleep, OH wasnt able to see LO being born, I was in ICU for a week and then met my daughter 48 hours after her birth when i came off the ventilator. :dohh:

We DID get to play her 'our song' though, when I first held her. It was so precious and even though the SCBU room was full of other people it felt like it was just us 3 for a moment.

im welling up just thinking about it-dammit!!

I was really open minded so I would say for the most part it did...

- I wanted to deliver vaginally obviously but didn't.
+ I wanted the epidural and I got it
- I specifically asked not to see any of my own blood if possible; the nurse messed up doing the IV when I was being induced and squirted it everywhere, the needle shot out and broke on the floor.. I could have died right there, I hate seeing my blood!
+ I asked NOT to be heckled about BFing and I wasn't (many people I know were even after saying that they had made their decision, etc more than once)
+ I wanted a private room and I got it
+ I wanted myself or OH to be with Elyse at all times, got that one too
- I wanted OH to cut the cord but in the operating room they didn't let him (understandable I guess)
+ I wanted OH to hold her first and he got to (not that I could have though! lol)

... that's all I can think of for now!

I wanted to go naturally and sort of did after the sweep. I wanted a pool birth but only did an hour or so in the pool coz i lost so much blood.
I didn't want an epidural but begged for one when i was too far gone so im really happy i couldn't have one so i managed to do it on just gas and air.

I didn't make one cos I knew if i didnt get what i wanted i'd be slighty disheartened.

I'd already been in labour for 45 hours by the time i got to the hospital and didn't care what they did aslong as I had my baby asap

No. I wanted:

Epidural
No student Midwives
Only Jason as a birth partner
Placenta delivered naturally

I had:

Gas and air
Student Midwives
My mum AND Jason
Injection to deliver my placenta quickly

Although Jason did get to cut the cord. But that's about it lol

nope i wanted a natural birth with just G and A.

ended up with all the drugs and an emergency csection :(

Not at all.

Wanted:
A completely natural vaginal water birth

What happened:
I had placental abruption and was rushed to theatre and put to sleep. I missed the whole birth and most of the first day with her.

It was nothing like what I wanted. I was exhausted after having contractions for 3 days and not getting anywhere and not sleeping so I just wanted all the drugs which didnt work anyway. Then because I was laying on my back the whole time she was back to back and got stuck so ended up with a c section. It never even entered my head that I would need a section.

Yeah i almost had exactly what i wanted

I wanted tens machine untill pain got too bad then move to gas and air- got that
I wanted to walk about for a bit untill the pain got to bad then move in to the birthing pool- got that
I wanted my mum and OH there and only one Midwife no one else- got that
I wanted to have the baby in the water- didnt get that! i could have if i wanted too tho it was just i wanted to push and she didnt think i was ready so wanted me to get out to have a look, once i got out i couldnt move anway and started pushing as soon as i got on the bed!

Over all it was great, didnt have anything over than gas n air and didnt need stiching or anything!

I didn't have a plan as such but it did not go how I thought it would go.

Was two and a half weeks early and had to have forcepts delivery with spinal block in theatre with episiotomy (with threatened c section if forcepts were not successful/possible).

I was prepared for whatever was required so what was necessary was necessary - I have no issues with it.

Apart from being induced, yes. I wanted to do it with no pain relief and I did it. So proud of myself :smug:

didn't really have a plan but as Jake was laying back to back i did plan to have an epi just for the delivery but things happened to quickly and i did it all on just gas and air. Looking back i'm pleased tho as i was up and about straight after the birth :) xx

Mine never left my bag and I am sooo pleased.

In mine I said I wanted an epidural and under no circumstances no matter how much I begged DO NOT give me pethedine. I wanted an epidural due to SPD I was suffering from. I wanted gas & air too.

In the end they only offered me pethedine and there wasnt enough time for an epidural so I did the birth part naturally. I tried a few go's on gas and air but it was making me go to sleep between contractions sp they took it off me lol

Im so pleased the birth went the way it did Im so proud of myself for managing better than I thought I would and next time Id do exactly the same.

xxx

Not one single bit of mine went to plan.

I wanted to go naturally and had to be induced.

I wanted a water birth but couldnt due to high blood pressure.

I wanted to be able to move around but they had to keep me on the bed with a monitor on baby.

I only wanted gas and air but had pethadine and then epidural.

I wanted to cut the cord but had to have an emergency c-section so never got the chance.

Yes as in everything I could do- no pian relief etc,

all went tits up cos of my blood pressure but thing that could and should have been done wernt, as in mark was to cut the cord- mw just did it, chloe needed imediate blood tests and the cord needed preseving on instruction of the consultant, i told her that she told me not to be silly and refused to do it...she never read my plan despite saying she had

I got everything I wanted and more.

It was a natural vaginal birth. I was relaxed and calm, didn't have or need any pain medication (not even G&A), I used my TENS machine, the birthing pool, and finally pushed my baby girl out on the bed :cloud9:

OK, so I didn't 'plan' to get a third degree tear...but does anybody?? :rofl:

i did not have a birth plan really but heres what i wanted

Wanted a normal delivery - that happened
Wanted only gas and air - that happened
Wanted to be moving about - That happened
Wanted to be in the water as long as possible - that happened
Wanted to not need stitches - that happened to lol

So better than i expected and pretty much exactly what i wanted though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts