Did you birth plan's go to plan

Out of all 5 none have gone to plan ...I admit with Lily no plans in place but didnt want to be induced or have section and had both

I made a birth plan, but I was pretty open minded about all the options. The nurse did not even look at it, she just handed it back to me. :lol:

So, I put yes, because it pretty much happened how I would like it to. :)

I wanted : Natural water birth in local MW led unit after a mobile labour using TENS, No drugs other than G&A, OH to be the first to touch Ellis and cut cord and a natural 3rd stage. Room permiting to stay and ensure BF is established

I got : Induction after going 12 days over at Hospital which failed after 2 attempts so stuck on a bed most of the time. Ended up having an emergency C - Section after his HR spiked at nearly 190 30 hours after the first attempted induction with a spinal block and my mum with me as OH nearly passed out with they put an IV in my wrist lol!!! The onky thing that was met was the BF part but only because Ellis spent 2 days in SCBU due to low body temp and blood sugars.

well I got a natural birth which I wanted but it didn't really go to plan. Hannah was transverse which they didn't realize until I'd been pushing for 2 hours and I had to have a vacuum assisted delivery, was 3 pushes away from a C-section.

Nope, not in the slightest.

'Everythin' I didnt want and more, I got.

But... did get a beautiful daughter which was to plan! :)

i didnt do one, i wanted to just go with the flow, only thing i had set in my mind was that i wanted out of hospital ASAP after baby which i did.

Lou
xxx

I planned a home water birth with just G&A. Instead I got 34 hours of labour with G&A, pethidine and a failed epidural, followed by an episiotomy and ventouse delivery, only narrowly escaping an emergency section (the whole hospital seemed to think I would have it) when the syntocinon managed to dilate me in the last 6 hours of labour. Oh and I was plugged into antibiotics the whole time because my waters went at the start.

I've half a mind to have an elective section next time! Keep meeting women who were doing housework a couple of days after and 7 months on I'm still not quite right.

nope not at all. i was quite open minded but i wanted a relaxing labour, with james and my mum and just g and a - i ended up in labour for 40hours and had an. emergency c-section, thus meaning only james came when maddi was born, not my mum :( though she was waiting in recovery for me :cloud9: x

1st baby labour 6 hrs long gas and air

2nd baby
i wanted water birth, gas n air, and me whale music cd.

i got a crash section, spinal block and dodgy kerrang radio station :rofl:

I never had a birth plan.

All I knew was I wanted him out as safely as possible for him.

I HAD to get an epidural due to my gestational diabetes as they said I would most likely need intervention in some way and if I did it would be needed quick, nothing like scaring me eh? Plus I worked in operating theartes with sections and forceps so knew that if I had one and needed something done those 10 mins could save his and my life.

In the end I had epidural which wore off in time for pushing:hissy:
And was threatened by ventous even though me and him were fine so I pushed him out then and there when they said that.

Only thing I would change was I was left from 8pm til 2am in a roasting warm exam roon with no air or comfort and with only 2 paracetamol for pain relief thinking I was going to die....apparenlty they had a sick lady come in....fair enough but come on do you only have one doc and midwife?? NO!!
So I would stay at home longer and go in later. Or go to a different hospital.

Emma.xx

Yes mine did. Not to the "T", but you can't plan birth, it's something that happens without our control (even if you were induced to start it, it still goes on without you telling it what to do).

It didn't go exactly to plan, but I was very, very happy with it. To the point I told my MW 20mins after I'd delivered that I wanted to do it again that night :rofl:

I wanted:

MW unit, not hospital
Minimal amount of MWs
OH there
No medical intervention (ie drugs)
Pool for labour
No induction

I got:

MW unit, not hospital
Minimal amount of MWs (1, who was out of the room most of the time which is what I wanted. I wanted to do a lot on my own)
OH there
No medical intervention (ie drugs)

I had an induction, but it went really, really well for me. In the end I made the decision that I didn't want the pool. Niamh was back to back so I pretty much just lay on the bed the whole time. I couldn't even move around the room it was so sore.

I wanted an all-natural birth.
Instead, I went 10 days overdue with unripe cervix and no signs of baby moving, so I was induced (2x!), then won the lottery and got back labour, held out for five hours and when I found out I still hadn't progressed beyond 1-cm dilation, gave Mother Nature the finger and called fot the epidural.
BUT!
My actual delivery was awesome - exactly what I wanted - very present and focused and empowering. Only one stitch needed, positively euphoric feeling.
And baby was pretty great, too! :)

I got most of what I wanted:

To be in hospital in good time
Antibiotics for my Group B Strep
An epidural before it got too painful
Healthy baby

I was induced so was there in plenty of time! I got my antibiotics and eventually an epidural, which didn't work at first, but it wasn't so painful that I couldn't cope - it kicked in when I needed it anyway. I ended up having an emergency c-section but I recovered really quickly from it so I'm not too fussed about that. And most importantly Alex was fine :cloud9:

I planned:

Homebirth with birthing pool
No pain relief
Natural 3rd Stage

I got:
Hospital birth
No pain relief (so glad!!)
Medical 3rd stage (my own choice)

i didn't actually have a birth plan, just knew i wanted to be able to move around as much s possible and havd Gas and air. Both of which I got

but tbh it all happened so fast i'm not sure a birth plan would even have been looked at. The mw asked if i had one and when I said no, she said good its the best way lol

Mine all went to plan really.

The main things in my birth plan were that I wanted to avoid an epidural, episiotomy, and ventouse etc.. That all went to plan. I only had the pain relief that I was ok about having and had said in my plan and pushed him out with no help.

I was really pleased with how my birth went.

xx

No. Yes. Erm Kindah.

I Wanted OH Nd Sister As BirthPartners Nd In Delivery Room (Only Sis Cause Shes A Trainey Midwife)
I Got Mom Sister Siter OH & 2 Midwifes

OH Got To Hold Her First Like I Wanted And Cut The Cord.
I Wanted Skin 2 Skin But When She Came Out I Felt Dirty And Was Screaming ''GET IT OFF ME AHHH WHAT IS THAT'' =| =S

Wanted Bonding Time Just Me OH Nd Mush.
Kind Of Got It. But I Kept Falling Asleep Due To Peth Kicking In AFTER birth :(

Wanted OH 2 Stay With Bubs Hole Time If I Couldnt
But He Had A Really Important £8.50 Job Interview at 5 So Was With Me 4 Hours Before He Had to Go And By The Time He Got Back Visting Time Was Up :(

Wanted Water Birth.
Wasnt Plugged In. But Got 2 Be In The Bath For a Hour Or Soo.

Wanted Qwik Labour.
Got It. [3hours Active :)]

Wanted To Go Home Next Day.
Got It.

Wanted To Sleep After Whilst OH Was Watching Bubs.
But Obv Didnt Get It :(.

Didnt Want Nuffink But Peth IF NEEDED And G Nd A.
G Nd A Made Me Feel Sick. Got Peth To Late Kicked In Afterwards :(

Wanted 2 Eat Throughout.

Couldnt Felt Ill Cause Of Gass And Air Lol.

Wanted It Relaxed And Quite.
to be fair they was but i wasnt.

wanted it recorded.
at the time i was sayong no but wish i did now.

wanted minimum examinations.
i got 2. 1 being when i was about to give birth

Waters to go natrually.
Had 2 be popped bubz was coming to fast.

Got to move round freely and babys heart beat wasnt moniterd 24 like i wanted.

Brestfeeding established within 10 minutes of birth

As U Can see i was very specific lol. got mostly what i wanted but alot what i didnt want so i duno how to anser this question so i ticked some of.

I didnt have a written out birth plan but in my head I knew I didnt want an epidural and wanted to be at home for as long as possible

The only downside was having to stay in hospital for so long after I hated it x

With Landon I had no plan...I knew I wanted the epidural I was terrified of the pain, I was 16, I ended up getting it at 8cm and not in that much pain, I could have gone the whole time without it but was too scared. But everything went fine in his birth, nothing unexpected.

Casen was exactly the opposite of what I wanted. I wanted just a vaginal delivery, was ok with the epi again but didn't plan to have it just whatever happened at the time I would decide. The biggest thing I didn't want was a csection...which is what I got...and a terrible one at that.

Hayden's wasn't what I planned but was great in ways I didn't expect. I wanted a VBAC which I got.

Didn't want to be induced...I was BUT it was more naturally than with Casen and not as hard on me.

I wanted a water birth, they wouldn't let VBAC be water birth

I didn't want an epi, I had one

I didn't want the midwife I got, she was the only one int he practice I didn't like, turned out she was the best for me in labor and I'm so glad I had her.

Something wonderful I never planned was delivering Hayden myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->