Did you birth plan's go to plan

I didnt have a birth plan... The only thing I planned on was getting my baby out in the safest way possible.

I did end up having the epidural, I had a very long labour (my doc was a knob so I dont know how long exactly I was IN labour... I requested my cervix to be checked at my 38w appoint which was on weds, she said no, she doesnt do it until 40 weeks... umm ok... I had protein in my urine etc at the appointment, and I was convinced I was having a UTI...

I went into to have Jasmine that satureday night... So something had been going on since weds.

I got to use a birthing ball in the shower, which felt great and I got to freshen up... Although I was in an incredible amount of pain. My contractions were very fast and very hard right from the beginning... There was no doubt about them.

I had a lovely labour nurse, and Tom in with me... I used a mirror for the last few pushes which helped immediately...

I was disapointed that Jasmine was in rough shape when she came out... It was due to the incredibly long labour, she had to be resucitated and taken to the nursery... My OH got to give her her first feed and bath her.

Didn't have a fixed plan, wanted to go with the flow but ended up being induced and having a C-Section - definately not planned!!! x

I didn't have a strict birth plan but loosely wanted to avoid an epidural if at all possible, not be induced, have a natural and mobile birth.

Managed to just have gas and air, went naturally after a sweep and used the birthing ball and gave birth on hands and knees without any intervention so I was very lucky :D

What i wanted....

i wanted a water birth
wanted freedom to move around
no stitches
didnt want to stay in hospital

What happened......
early labour for 13 days
12 days overdue
i was induced by my waters being broken
wasnt allowed in water due to being induced
couldnt move cuz being monitored
was cut and needed stitches
had to stay overnight even tho me n zane were fine

I had the most perfect birth imaginable this time 2 hours after hitting hospital he was in my arms so I voted yes :)

However my first was very long about 20 hours of labour although still born normally on Gas/Air, My second was also born Normally on Gas/air but the wrong way round so was really long again for a second labour :(

Hey i got 3 healthy kids and i feel blessed xx

I find it highly interesting that "Nope, not in the slightest" is so far ahead of the rest of the options. Makes me feel a little less bad!

I haven't even had him yet and I can so NO WAY NO HOW! :dohh:

I desperately wanted a natural birth, no drugs! (Still do, but it is not meant to be.)

What I get in one week: A c-section to a REALLY big baby who is frank breech with NO room and no hope of turning! (Too big to turn and butt is engaged in pelvis anyway) :hissy:

Ah well. At least he'll be here and healthy! FX.

Oddly I had the exact birth I wanted. I just didnt realise how much pain i'd be in during labour and how much I wanted drugs that my m/w wouldn't give to me. O and i didnt really want to go through back to back labour. Still I got the aromatherapy, (only to stop me throwing up not the nice relaxing oils) and the birhting pool to labour in so I guess it was exactly what I wanted, I have to vote yes.

was induced at 12 days over and went 16 hours labour but was only dialated 9cm so an emergency ceaser was performed. neither of which i expected to happen. but im not bothered at all, happier infact since she was 9pds and almost certainly wouldve teared me.

I didnt have one!! Just go with the flow!!!

I did want a student tho and i got one!!!

it went so wrong, I didnt even have a birth plan :( I wasnt allowed anything i wanted, I had a c section I didnt want it but i thought at least I knew I was having one and could plan a fewthings (like music) so I felt in control, but I went intolabour and ended up having it early , didn't have skin to skin, he was taken away immediately, it was just gutting. Oh and there was a shitty MW at the beginning. She wasnt mine, I didnt have one at that time, she just popped in to give me a hard time becuase evidently it wasnt quite rubbish enough already.

Mine went mostly to plan.

Wanted no drugs, only Gas and Air - didn't even have the G&A
Wanted to push her out slowly to avoid tearing - achieved that
Wanted to deliver into the water - I was very surprised actually, i found the pain harder to manage in the water. I felt out of control so got out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->