Did you get what you wanted?

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
I have my scan on Thursday, and I am barely caring what I have.....ok...that's a lie :dohh: I am really wanting a girl but would be happy with a boy. I have had no feelings as to what LO will be but a lot of people think girl and I tend to reject any ideas that it is a boy.

how many of you, when you got the confirmed gender of your :baby:, got what you "wanted" all along?

:hug:

with my first i wanted a boy and got a boy and with my second i wanted a girl and got a girl but to be honest i dont think i would have cared if i didnt get what i had wanted!

All I wanted was a healthy baby :D

Well at first i wanted a girl and then i changed my mind and wasnt really bothered either way, when i was told i was having a boy i was over the moon :cloud9: but also a little sad that it wasnt a girl :(

i think that when you actually know what youre having theres always that ' it would of been nice to have the other'

Im just hoping to have a girl next time as i would love a girl to complete our family :)

Me and OH really wanted a boy and we having a girl.....i was very upset and it has taken time for me to come round to having a little girl but im fine now and cant wait to meet her....

I've always said....even if I was able to choose I just wouldn't know what to choose IYKWIM?

I've had

girl (angel in heaven)

boy (angel in heaven)

girl

girl

boy

no particular pattern so who knows what this one is:dohh:

We're not gonna ask either this time, so will let you know the sex in about 5months when I give birth:rofl:

We wanted a boy as our first, but are so happy it is a little girl anyways... She will be spoiled ofr life!

I'd quite like a girl and DH doesn't really mind but doesn't want to find out until the birth - so another 7 months to wait!!

We wanted a girl at first but when we saw his little bits on the scanning screen my hubby was sooooo excited that it completley changed my opinion! Now i think i would be alittle gutted if he turned out to be a she!!!! aslong as my little man is healthy thats all that matters! x

At first i wanted a girl loads, but we decided we wouldnt find out and now i realllllyyyy think i'm having a boy and i really would not care what turns out to be :) Just wish time would pass by a little faster :lol:

I've always wanted a little girl first. And i got wat i wanted. :cloud9:

Next time (in another 5yr) i would like a boy.

Then that's my family complete. ;)

I just about prefer the idea of a girl to a boy. But as long as it's healthy I don't mind. Until about six months ago I really didn't want a boy, but when hubby and I decided to name a boy after my granddad (who passed away in February, aged 99) I have been happy with the idea of having a boy.

We're not planning to find out in advance though, so I'll let you all know after the birth!

Reading this thread though I think I got a slightly better idea of why sooooo many people choose to find out at the scan. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can imagine that if it's true that we all have a preference for one over the other, even if it's only slight, or totally subconscious, maybe finding out at the birth could spoil the post-labour experience a little if it's not what is really wanted.
I can imagine it, being utterly exhausted and incredibly emotional and being told it is a boy, there will be a little disappointment, rather than overwhelming joy. *shrug* Don't know.

Doubt it....you'll just be relieved after all that huffin and a puffin that you've got a healthy baby:happydance::happydance::happydance:....a surprise would be nice:happydance:

Before I got pregnant I always thought I wanted a boy but the minute I got my BFP I changed my mind and secretly wanted a little girl (I didn't tell anyone though, I just gave everyone the "as long as they're healthy" story). At my 20 week scan it was confirmed I'm having a girl. :happydance:

I secretly wanted a girl but would have been happy with a boy so when I found out a girl I was over the moon x x

I wanted a girl at first, I think maybe because I already have one and I'm more familiar with girls. But the scan showed a boy and I got really excited! I called DH that night who works out of province and his reaction topped it for me. We can't wait to meet our little boy!

At first i wanted a girl for myself but equally as much i wanted a boy for my OH as i know it will mean quite a lot for him to have a son.

I got a girl and i was happy, i'd of been happy with either really

I really wanted a boy DH said he didn't mind but I knew from his reaction when we found out that he wanted a boy aswell which is what we have got

Yes I wanted a got a girl. OH wanted a little boy though >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->