• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did you smoke during a pregnancy?

Speaking from MY OWN EXPERIENCES.. I smoked about 10-15 cigarettes a day. I quit due to getting MS and them making me want to throw up last pregnany around 6 weeks. So fairly quick. When we lost our son, I started back up again heavily.. It just felt like a way to relieve my stress. BUT after getting my BFP this time around (due the same day as our son was last year) I quit THE DAY I found out. After smoking probably a pack a day for the months preceding conception, and at the time of. I quit about the day I miss my period, I tested at 10DPO. And it was NOT hard. Okay it WAS hard getting over the first week without em, but if you have the WILL-POWER to do what is RIGHT for your baby who can't say no it's self, then you will be able to quit. I think it is easy to ignore how dangerous it is to you and the precious unborn baby by simply not being informed. If you only knew, I think you'd find it in you, too, to quit.

I don't want to sound judgemental at all, I just know from experience that any woman has the strength and (should have the) will-power to quit for the innocent life inside of them. It is hard physically for that first week, but my gosh there is no reason to risk everything for a selfish habit.

(There are many days I watch hubby puffing on a smoke and almost reach over for one, too. But I HAVE to say no. And it's easy when I remember I have a little girl inside, depending on me!)

I'm sorry if I hurt any feelings, I just encourage anyone with this problem to research a bit and maybe scare yourself into quitting. Good luck ladies! :)

Very inspirational! Well done you. I wish more women had your honourable attitude! If anyone's feelings are hurt then it's because they feel bad that they haven't done the same as you, hopefully your post will be able to encourage them to do the same!

^Thanks :)

Oh another point I'd like to make is that this reminds me of pregnancy nutrition.. Before pregnancy I could CARE LESS what I was eating. I'd have the worst food for you, or eat nothing at all and not mind a bit. Because it was just me. But now that there's a little person in there, ALL I think about is wanting to feed her well. Quit caffeine, Brie, having sugary Poptarts for breakfast! Haha.. I can't say I eat perfectly (we have cravings! and mostly not good ones! lol) but at least we have vegetables on the table now, whereas before we'd be frying everything in sight or eating take-out every other night. It is just different when you are pregnant, for these short 9 months you are a vessel for life. And that calls for some changes and sometimes not easy ones at that.. but we make them for the innocent little person inside. Sorry, I didn't mean to blab there. Just wanted to point out that this time is short. You can go back to eating like a garbage disposal, drinking, smoking, whatever.. aaafter your time as a vessel is over! You can do it mamas! :)

^Thanks :)

Oh another point I'd like to make is that this reminds me of pregnancy nutrition.. Before pregnancy I could CARE LESS what I was eating. I'd have the worst food for you, or eat nothing at all and not mind a bit. Because it was just me. But now that there's a little person in there, ALL I think about is wanting to feed her well. Quit caffeine, Brie, having sugary Poptarts for breakfast! Haha.. I can't say I eat perfectly (we have cravings! and mostly not good ones! lol) but at least we have vegetables on the table now, whereas before we'd be frying everything in sight or eating take-out every other night. It is just different when you are pregnant, for these short 9 months you are a vessel for life. And that calls for some changes and sometimes not easy ones at that.. but we make them for the innocent little person inside. Sorry, I didn't mean to blab there. Just wanted to point out that this time is short. You can go back to eating like a garbage disposal, drinking, smoking, whatever.. aaafter your time as a vessel is over! You can do it mamas! :)

So true! 9 months isn't very long at all and I am quite happy to do absolutely everything by the book for that short time to make sure my baby is perfectly happy and healthy!

I found out I was pregnant early on - 4 weeks to be precise. My son was a total surprise to me, I lit up a cigarette strait away. At that point I though wtf am I doing here! I didn't quit until I was 7 weeks pregnant, I wanted to wait until I saw the smoking cassation nurses first and do it in a sensitive, safe way as I had been told quitting cold turkey was bad for your baby which scared me. I wasn't a heavy smoker anyways - less than 5 a day but I felt guilty as sin with each one I had until I saw the nurse.

She was fantastic, so supportive and kind and largely down to her, I got through my pregnancy smoke free from the day I saw her. I went on to have my happy healthy 9lb 7oz son!

I am however back on the fags now, last year was horrific, about as bad as it can get for a mother - my son was taken into care (his father shook him) so I had to fight for him back as a single parent. That pushed me back to the cigs and I'm still smoking now, even though he's home safe and sound. I will be quitting soon, just
Don't feel ready right now.

Massive props to the ladies giving up/ already there or making moves in the right direction for the sake of their babies. I wish you the best of luck with your continued success and go on to have happy healthy babies :) and I ofc wish the smokers the same. Your choices arnt necessarily ones I would make, but your not bad people for doing what you do. Addiction is a tough thing to break :(

One of my SILs smoked with both her pregnancies and her eldest was born at 38wks weighing 9lb 8oz and her second was born at 37wks weighing 7lb 2oz. I don't smoke and my son was born on his due date weighing 6lb 7oz and my daughter was born at 39wks weighing 6lb 8oz x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->