Did your HCG levels double every 2 days?

Kaylen

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking for some reassurance here. Everywhere I read I see that hcg levels should double every 48 hours, but also some websites say that the normal is 48-72 hours. I am super worried because I've had a miscarriage before and then it took me over a year to conceive again and now my hcg levels aren't doubling every 48 hours. I've only had 2 taken so far, 70 hours apart and my levels doubled at 57 hours. According to my doctor this is normal and he signed me up for an ultrasound at around 7 weeks (which is on march 10th). But I am sooo worried! He agreed to draw one more blood on Friday and said they should be around 1500 then.

I was wondering what your numbers were and is everything going well?
I have no symptoms other than sore breasts (which went away today) and some occasional cramping. I am 4 weeks 4 days today and my hcg was 226 on the 14th and 531 on the 17th.

My numbers NEVER doubled... they tested me three times in fact.. my doctor said they just want to see them go up at least 60% and they were around 60% so she was fine with that.. and so far everything is fine!

that happened to me the first time I was pg too.. didnt ever double. I had a M/C but had nothing to do with HCG levels at that point.

57 hours does not sound that long to me. It sounds like you are rising just fine... fx for you xx

Mine were 10,700 and doubled About 46 hrs later.

Mine have not doubled,
First betas 1250, 48hrs 1540, today 1980 not even doubled since Friday only risen by 25%
I think if I had my bloods done every 72hrs I would see a double, I'm 6+4 I had a scan last week Friday but they only saw a 4week sac. So I don't think this pregnancy is going no where x

I found this website that has a calculator telling you if your hormones are rising normally:

https://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator

It says that they need to increase with at least 60% every 48 hours and double 48-72 hours.

I am still in the normal range, but i will never stop worrying until i hear a heartbeat and that is very far away.

I found this website that has a calculator telling you if your hormones are rising normally:

https://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator

It says that they need to increase with at least 60% every 48 hours and double 48-72 hours.

I am still in the normal range, but i will never stop worrying until i hear a heartbeat and that is very far away.

Mine says lower than average at 25% mine would double every 6 days x

Ahh whisper, hang in there. Its not over till its over. I know how frustrating it is. FX for both of us!

At 5+6 mine only went up 43% in 48 hours and I'm fine!

Mine didn't double - at 16dpo they were 669 and 48 hours later they were 1150.
So around 78% increase in 48 hours - nurse said this was good but I was so worried, every post I read the levels were doubling at like 36 hours!

So around 78% increase in 48 hours - nurse said this was good but I was so worried, every post I read the levels were doubling at like 36 hours!

I see you are 6 weeks. Have you been able to hear a heartbeat yet?

I see you are 6 weeks. Have you been able to hear a heartbeat yet?

Hi Kaylen, we actually had our follow up scan today and saw yolk sac, fetal pole & heartbeat.

What percentage did your increase in 48 hours? The nurse said they like to see a 60% increase in 48 hours

I've just put my numbers in and mine doubled at 57 hours - you need to remember they are only two numbers. The day before that or days after they could be doubling/tripling - some people are just slow starters :) :)

We didn't check at 48 hours because it was Sunday but doctor said because they were already over double at 70 hours they must have been at least 60% at 48.
I am hoping I get good results tomorrow. My clinic calls back the same day with the results so I will know before I am off work tomorrow.
I have been feeling a bit nauseous the last couple of days but no throwing up. I hope that means levels are rising steadily.

My beta today was 1633.. Sticking with the doubling time of about 57 hours...

Now keep in mind once they hit either 1500 or 1600 - the numbers stop doubling so fast- now they double every 72-96 hrs... your numbers sound really good though! GL to you!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->