Did your HSG push O back??

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Today is my usual O day and so far my test strips have been Negative. Getting darker but still not 100%. Has anyone else experienced this??

Yes. I had an HSG in February and it pushed back my ovulation by around four days (previously my ovulation had been clockwork predictable at CD14). This is my third cycle since the procedure and it has been delayed every cycle. From what I've seen (anecdotally) about 50% of women say that their ovulation was delayed and about 50% say that it did not impact it at all. My RE said that it should not impact ovulation, but that is the only thing I can attribute it to.

Yes. I had an HSG in February and it pushed back my ovulation by around four days (previously my ovulation had been clockwork predictable at CD14). This is my third cycle since the procedure and it has been delayed every cycle. From what I've seen (anecdotally) about 50% of women say that their ovulation was delayed and about 50% say that it did not impact it at all. My RE said that it should not impact ovulation, but that is the only thing I can attribute it to.

Thanks so much. I actually found your previous threads to similar topic and found it very helpful :)
My HSG was CD8 and here we are 14 with a hope and a prayer. After reading lots on this I'm convinced the HSG is to blame.

Do you mind me asking if you had any cramping that first time after HSG? I've never had O cramps but for today especially it's almost like AF cramping.

You can ask me anything! Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I don't mind sharing my experiences!

My actual HSG was quite painful but ovulation that cycle or since then has not been any different in terms of what I feel. I've always had noticeable pain during ovulation.

I really hope you ovulate soon and that it's all you need to get pregnant!

Mine was painful as well even though OB said I was "all clear".
I even find it odd that the dye was leaking out instead of going up and spilling out of the tubes (eventually it did but she had to plug my cervix in order for that to happen)...Wierd right? I'm guessing there was gunk in there which made it painful.

By the way, where in PA are you from? *insert "it's a small world after all" here* :)

Today is my usual O day and so far my test strips have been Negative. Getting darker but still not 100%. Has anyone else experienced this??

after my HSG, I oed 3 days later than usual. I guess it can be quite common :). Good luck!! My hsg didnt go good so I'm on enzymes for scar tissue damage but my doc did say that for women with clear tubes, their chances go up by 25% for 3 cycles after since its like "cleaning out the pipes" or so to speak. FX for u!!! :dust:

after my HSG, I oed 3 days later than usual. I guess it can be quite common :). Good luck!! My hsg didnt go good so I'm on enzymes for scar tissue damage but my doc did say that for women with clear tubes, their chances go up by 25% for 3 cycles after since its like "cleaning out the pipes" or so to speak. FX for u!!! :dust:

Thanks and same to you! I havent heard of taking enzymes... ia it similar to just multi vites?? When are you testing??

By the way, where in PA are you from? *insert "it's a small world after all" here* :)

I'll make you work for it: My username is a clue to the city that I live in. Sports reference. :haha: Are you also from the a Keystone state?

I don't know if they plugged my cervix or not. They didn't say anything and I didn't ask. I was too busy trying to not pass out. One of my tubes flowed through straight away but I think the other was slightly blocked because they had to push dye through three times, but it was eventually clear.

I had a HSG in Dec thankfully mine wasn't painful, but I do O a few days later now so it could be to blame!

I ovulated around the right time. I had my hsg 10 days back. I did not take pain killers and I did not take antibiotics too as I am allergic to a particular antibiotic, they did not know for sure if I can take the antibiotic they were giving. I read that it may not be HSG and could be painkillers and antibiotics that delay ovulation.

It's now 2 days post my normal O window and my cheapie sticks aren't any darker than yesterday. I'm still holding out that maybe tomorrow will be it. :coffee:

I'll make you work for it: My username is a clue to the city that I live in. Sports reference. :haha: Are you also from the a Keystone state?

I don't know if they plugged my cervix or not. They didn't say anything and I didn't ask. I was too busy trying to not pass out. One of my tubes flowed through straight away but I think the other was slightly blocked because they had to push dye through three times, but it was eventually clear.

I'm going to guess Pittsburgh though I think I'm wrong:shrug:
I'm up in the Scranton /WB area.

I'm going to guess Pittsburgh though I think I'm wrong:shrug:
I'm up in the Scranton /WB area.

You got it! :haha: Technically we live in the east suburbs and not the city proper, but it's just easier to say Pittsburgh.

Wahoo! Lol...I've been there a few times and loved it! Really nice area

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->