Dieting in Pregnancy advice

laura_2010

Reaction score
Hi,
Im arund 5 weeks and I have been loosing weight since May this year.... I have lost almost 5 and 1/2 stone and I really would like another 10lb to go... Is it ok to loose weight as I dont wanna do harm yet I wanna stay in my limits I dont mind as my bump Grows but would like to get another 10lb gone.. I walk lightly at the moment 3-4 times a week... so thats keeps me going and im down to juice and water for drinks instead of diet cola!!
But would you say loose the 10lb now? Thank you

Well done, that's such an amazing achievement!

The advice in my last pregnancy was not to lose weight but to manage the weight gained throughout pregnancy. I followed SW but with additional calcium intake and managed to keep my weight gain to 12lbs so in reality, once I'd had the baby, I was about 9lbs lighter than before I got pregnant (after about 3weeks post-partum)

You can nail that last 10lbs while you're pushing the pram around next summer :) x

Thank you :) Amazing for you too.... I just have this nagging 10lbs in my head... Would you say from now to eat good but not go over board, I have 1 treat a week like a takeaway at the weekend and then pretty good all week, No chocolate or crisps I try to stay too and eating chicken,beans,bread,fish ect instead of burgers and fried chicken from the freazer, And walking the dog 20mins a day... Im now 11.4lb and was 16.10lb in May! Size 20 to size 12 now.. I mainly did it as I was unhappy but also told my Consultant Id be in my 11 stones when I got pregant crazy but I was in my 11s when I got pregnant even tho We had been trying since July... I would just love to be under 11 stone Before I get big xx

pregnancy is not the time to try to lose weight. if you're an extremely unhealthy weight your dr may have you on a special diet but other than that its just not the time. and theres so much going on in our bodies that you really have no control over wether or not you're losing weight. a lot of women lose weight in the 1st trimester because of sickness or food aversions but other gain weight. just stick to healthy eating and light exercise, but don't get discouraged if you're not losing weight or start to gain weight, in the next few weeks you may find you're getting sick just from getting out of bed. listen to your body, but don't aim to lose weight, just watch what you're eating so you're not putting on unnecessary pounds. but also talk to your doctor. your doctor may tell you its ok, or they may tell you they expect you to gain 5lbs in the next month. 10lbs is a lot to lose, probably about a month or so of weight at least so i think thats realistically not going to happen

That's a brilliant loss! I definitely think eating very healthily, getting lots of leafy greens, lean meat and fish, good fats and keeping lightly active is the way to go. Healthy pregnancy and baby is the most important thing, weight loss will happen later! X

You can do Slimming world in pregnancy. I am, I was at target before i got pregnant, though im still overweight.

Im planning on not gaining more than a stone and have lost half a stone already (well before Christmas happened)

Hi Laura,
I actually went to see the doctor with this exact question last week. Her advice was that as long as i was eating a healthy balanced diet and not depriving myself or the baby of anything it was fine to lose weight. xx

Brilliant thank you ladies i did sw for my first couple of stone then weighted at home.. the rest I don't eat veg or even fruit :( never had its really bad.. I'm taking vitamin supplements and folic acid. Il make a start from tomorrow lots of good foods... weight can wait until after my rainbow baby... xxx

Well done to you! I was also losing weight before getting pregnant, went from a size 26 to a 16.

I am continuing to lose weight, slowly, under the approval of my midwife. I eat small amounts of nutritionally dense foods.

Ah, this is a brilliant thread, thank you! A couple of weeks ago I pledged to get some weight off, started looking into SW and then found out last week that I'm pregnant! How does SW work when you're a mum to be? (I'm not keen on going to a club)

Hi :) Same, I want to maintain but eat well too... I have stopped SW and since leaving I lost another stone, and then got down to 10.11lb and today I am 11.3lb which is 6lb gain since before Christmas around the time I got my BFP so couple of weeks - But have been Very Naughty with food but then faced the scales, I Know I will put on weight and will get it right off after I had Baby but its the whole change I think in me thats worrying me Im over the moon to be pregnant and think I should just eat and get on with it and worry after, But theres a Little part of me thats stopping me too.. :shrug: xxx

This is my fourth baby, I'm 32 weeks along, and I have lost weight during this one and my second pregnancy. When I went into labor with my second-born, I weighed 10 lbs less than I did when I had first gotten pregnant, but I only intended to maintain my weight, as I am obese to begin with. Anyway, my practitioners' opinions are that if you're not obese, you probably need to gain weight during pregnancy. If you're going to try and lose weight, and you're not obese, do so only during the first trimester, but listen to your body. If you're getting worn out because you're not eating enough, you've gotta put your baby first.

You've only got 10 pounds to go? Here's my personal advice. Don't worry about it right now. Instead, focus on eating the best foods for your baby - moderate protein, lots of produce, healthy fats. Your body will take care of itself. With all of my babies, I breastfed after delivery and lost all of my baby weight within a few weeks of giving birth, even with my first baby with whom I'd gained 65 pounds. The weight disappeared by the time my baby was 6 weeks old. I didn't gain nearly as much, if anything, with any of my other pregnancies.

This time, my baby is due in 55 days, and I've gained 14 pounds. I focus on eating lots of vegetables, some fruit, a little bit of meat, and plenty of healthy fats. All of my weight gain is accounted for - 4 lb baby, placenta, water weight, extra blood flow, breast tissue, etc. The Weight will be gone with the birth of my baby, and you can have extra blood in your body for about a year after delivery. Good luck. You can have a healthy pregnancy and not gain extra weight. Just work for it, but don't waste your pregnancy worrying about your weight, either. You've got so much more to look forward to right now. :)

Thank you for that you have deffo made me feel alot better and I can loose the weight later, Main thing is my Body and my Baby to be the best health we can I just think theres a little noise in my head well you never lost that extra!! Im still going to do little walks and see what happends I see my consultant after my 12 weeks scan too Thank you, And not long for you ay :happydance: Amazing how our body copes and carrys them... Thank you and Happy New year x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->