Dieting to ttc girls! - What do you think?

Bloody great idea!

I've never really been overweight but since I hit 30 (nearly 5 years ago lol) I've noticed a definate thickening around the middle!!
Altho I wont be following any diets as such, I'm gonna be cutting back on the snacks and cherry coke and I'll see where that takes me. Nice to know that you girls will be here for support! :)

Name: Mynx (aka Nix)

Height: 5ft 7

Weight (optional):11 Stone 2 lbs

BMI: 24.5 (close to the overweight category!)

Target weight loss: 1 stone

Reason for losing weight: New Year, new start.. to tone up.. to feel healthier :)

Weakness's: Chocolate, chips (fries), cherry coke, pepsi, 3 sugars in tea lol

Type of exercise: Pilates Ball, small dumbells, Wii Fit, skipping rope... new job lol! I do much more walking than I used to and have lost half a stone since starting there 2 months ago so I'm on my way :D

Im so pleased so many girls are interested!
How about... we all try and get our profiles done by 2nd Jan (official new year diet start date!) then have the first weigh in on 9th? Give people a chance to get going, exactly a week after the 'official' start?

More than open to suggestions though!

For the blinkies, if you count the number of the one you want, then quote my post. The individual image codes will come up, count along (the end of each is the [/img] part) then post from
 img], copy and past into your sig. Does that make sense

Yeh, I was thinking the start date should be the 2nd. As we're having a buffet on the 1st :)

I'M IN!!

Name: Hal

Height: 5ft 7

Weight (optional):12 Stone 2 lbs (that's IF google was right in telling me that a stone = 14 lbs??) haha

BMI: 26.6

Target weight loss: 2 stone (or around 30 lbs)

Reason for losing weight: feel healthier, be in shape ready to ttc

Weakness's: Chocolate, cookies, brownies, cake, pop, chips, pizza, and just about everything that tastes good :dohh:

Type of exercise: Not much sadly :-/

I'm definitely up for starting on the 2nd because I had a bit of a binge on a 'luxury biscuit selection' last night.oops.
So how is this going to work?Are we going to have a new thread for each weigh in or something or otherwise we might end up with about 2000 pages?!?Or a new sub-folder inside the WTT section?xxxxx

oo yeah, thats a good point. I hadnt really thought about that to be honest :rofl:
We could carry on with this one till it starts getting big, then change it? Or just start a new thread each month?

Im so glad so many ladies are up for it. I have lots to lose but it will be good if i can at least start off with everyone :) Going to a buffet tonight too. hence the 2nd :rofl:

Nearly there now, weirdly im looking forward to it. I bet that will last about an hour. haha

The hardest thing for me is not eating the cookies at work lol.

Nearly there now, weirdly im looking forward to it. I bet that will last about an hour. haha

Me too!I think because its a group thing it seems exciting whereas if it was just me starting a diet I would be dreading it..
Enjoy your buffet
xxxx

Get those cookies in girls! So close to the 2nd now!!!

Right, tomorrow it all starts. Im getting loads of exercise videos and buying a new scale today. I start a new thread later for the first month :)

I started my new year with Davina!
Just done her superbody workout with the extra abs bit.
I nearly died half way through - I had to keep stopping it to catch my breath and now I'm aching all over.
Good way start to the year though. (soon to be ruined by our roast dinner!)

I do have some fab news for all the girls on this thread....
The ideal BMI for conception is 24 !!!

(As suggested in my new book on "Getting Pregnant Faster - Boost your fertility in just 3 months" by Dr Marilyn Glenville - UK based fertility guru)

24?! yay. That takes my weight loss down a little bit :) im getting my scales today, but i have a feeling i will still need to lose around 4stone. god, thats such a lot >.<

But i have some workouts!
- Street fighter workout (how awesome does that sound!!)
- 10 min trainer
- Yoga workouts for dummies
- Cindy Crawford shape your body
- Ultimate bellydance fitness (LOVING that)
- South beach diet workout
- The bollywood dance workout
- Charlie brooks, before and after
- Strictly come dancersize.
- Ministry of sound - pump it up!
- The Jordon workout (done that before, its pretty hard work!)
- Natalie cassidy, then and now (but i think she is fat again now, so im going for the then look :p)

Should keep me busy for now! but today, OH and i are going out for a chinese :D going down fighting. lol.

hehehe yeah we're gonna eat loads today. Must make the most of it :D

Good luck ladies!!! :D

I'm currently doing WW and so far, have lost quite alot of weight! As you can see from my tracker, still abit to go mind :)

Oops, sorry just realised i'm in WTT and not TTC :blush: :lol: :lol:

x

Congrats hun! thats amazing, what an inspiration!
good luck with the rest of your losing! :hugs:

When i had kian i went up to 11 stone, my normal weight was 8 half-9 before getting pregnant...i lost 2 stone doing the charlie brooks dvd, i did it 3 times week and gradually reduced it to twice, if you stick at it it works and i would reccomend that dvd to anyone!!! It took around 2-3 months!! Good luck girls!!!:hug:

Well i have started the big diet today!! I'm just aiming to eat healthier, quit snacking and get more exercise. I've joined a gym this week and will start going next week. Also took the dog for a long walk this afternoon. I'm also going through a recipe book i've got called Cook Yourself Thin, i love cooking but dont get the time which means i mostly end up eating rubbish. So i'm going to get into cooking again - going food shopping tomorrow to buy lots of healthy food! xx

I don't know if anyone else finds this, but whenever I've tried to lose weight before. I start, do it intensely and then stop.

I'm going to have to take it steady for a couple of weeks to get into it, rather than crashing in 2 weeks time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->