Dieting to ttc girls! - What do you think?

Should we set days where we exercise? I know everyone isn't free at the same time, but, then we can say if we did or didn't do it that day. And encourage each other?

If you do want to do that, answer these questions:

How many hours/days per week do you want to exercise? 3 days at first anyway. 3 hours per week.

What days are you free the most/would like to exercise? My time table isn't set, so whatever day really.

How long do you want each exercise session to be? 1 hour ideally

Do you ladies think we should do a food diary and (if we have time) report what we've eaten? If you find a particular recipie then let us know :) Can report the number of calories that day.

Really good idea broody. Personally, ive started a Livejournal which im going to use as a food diary. Ill post more info later, but my chinese has just arrived :)

Right, yes... as i was saying!
Ive started a Livejournal (www.livejournal.com) which is a free online journal. Mine is set to private right now but if others want to join ill open it up, then you can add 'friends' so we can see how each other is getting on?

Not sure if anyone else will be interested.

I may do, but for now I'm going to see how I go for the next 2 weeks :)

It's a challenge for me to just get past the first week lol.

leaarr.livejournal.com Feel free to add me as a friend.

Ooooh, i like that live journal idea. I'd like to start one of those as a food diary or it'll take over my WTT journal. I'll edit this post in a second with my weight loss profile and my exercise one too :) xx

Weight Loss Profile:

Name: Katy

Height: 5ft 7

Weight (optional):12 stone

BMI: 26.35 :(

Target weight loss: 2st 7lbs

Reason for losing weight: Hopefully improve my confidence, make clothes fit better

Weakness's: Chocolate, Crisps, mostly just eating because i'm bored.

Type of exercise: Gonna buy workout dvds and hopefully a wii fit when they're back in stock/cost less :)

For some reason i can't copy and paste the exercise one but mine is the same as broody's :) (sorry i don't know your actual name) xx

For some reason i can't copy and paste the exercise one but mine is the same as broody's :) (sorry i don't know your actual name) xx

Jen :happydance:

That could get confusing (I'm Jen too!) haha.I'd cant fill out the exercise profile because I have my little madam with me pretty much 24 hours a day so I dont know when I'm going to get the chance to exercise. I have a horrible feeling thats going to make it a lot harder to lose this weight :cry:

I'm sure there are ways you can.

This site shows you how you can do basic exercise whilst watching your baby... https://infant-toddler-health.suite101.com/article.cfm/exercising_with_your_baby

Katy, if you get an LJ let me know and ill add you. Thanks Leaarr, ill add you today :)

Deep breath... im well scared about this...

Weight Loss Profile:

Name: Katie

Height: 5ft 8

Weight (optional): 15stone, 2lb :cry: :cry:

BMI: 32 (trying not to cry)

Target weight loss: According to tesco diets, i should aim to lose 4.4 to be my 'ideal' weight to 10stone 8lb

Reason for losing weight: To ttc and be as healthy as possible, to get my self confidence back, for my wedding, to finally get over my ed.

Weakness's: Being a greedy shite, lol. Depression and lack of confidence. Comfort eating.

Type of exercise: I have loads of workout videos which i want to do, also want to do a daily muscle workout and sit ups (when i have lost a little, dont want to turn this bellyfat solely into muscle)

Thanks Broody21,thats fab.
Drazic,I know it was hard for you to post that.I honestly think youre going to do so well with this,you seem really determined hon. *hugs* xx

Thank you so much, it is pretty traumatic, but its me thats got like this by letting my ed control my life. Time to reclaim things now! lol, that sounds so lame, but iykwim it sort of makes sense :rofl:

No I know what you mean,it isnt lame at all.I've been a bulimia sufferer since I was 13,been in and out of recovery all that time and sometimes it is hard to reclaim your life and your weight as 'your own' and something you can be in control of.I think thats the good thing about everyone doing this together,if anyone starts to struggle with this in any way at all then just speak up and we're all right here with support.x

Drazic, I would like to join now. You and I are pretty much in the same boat. I think we can support eachother fabulously. My BMI right now is 35(ish) I will weigh myself tonight!

Thanks Jen, Thats really kind of you. Ive been a 'mixed bag' of eds, from full blown anorexia to long term bulimic. I guess i thought in getting fat i was doing better as i wasnt starving or being sick, but ultimately it was just a different illness. This time i really am going to do it. If you feel yourself losing control please reach out too hunny, the support is mutual.

Leaarr, im so chuffed your going to join us. I really think we could help each other too, am actually excited now, lame as that is :rofl: Ill try and work out how to add your lj now :hugs:

Although I don't look particularly chubby, I am classified as obese by most bmi calculators!!

It's only because I'm 4'11" tall :( My BMI is about 30.

Aparently I should be 55kgs. That would make me a positively svelt size 6 or something, and frankly, that's totally unrealistic! Bollocks to that!

I have started regular exercise- I already eat healthily so with any luck everything will come together when I ttc :)

good for you Timid, its dangerous to go on BMI calcs alone as they can be totally unrepresentative of most body types. Good luck ttc! x

Thanks Jen, Thats really kind of you. Ive been a 'mixed bag' of eds, from full blown anorexia to long term bulimic. I guess i thought in getting fat i was doing better as i wasnt starving or being sick, but ultimately it was just a different illness. This time i really am going to do it. If you feel yourself losing control please reach out too hunny, the support is mutual.

Leaarr, im so chuffed your going to join us. I really think we could help each other too, am actually excited now, lame as that is :rofl: Ill try and work out how to add your lj now :hugs:

Can you PM me your LJ name?

Weakness's: Being a greedy shite, lol.

:rofl:

Ha - don't know why but that really tickled me!

After Davina yesterday I had a headache all evening - Its been so long since I exercised - I must be allergic to it

:rofl: As much as i hate to admit it, it is the truth. I find comfort in food, i find it reassuring and losing weight is scary as i get more attention. I am just a giant psychiatric bill waiting to happen :rofl:

I was going to 'do' Davina tonight, but i think i might give her a miss now :rofl: I might try the belly dancing workout, it sounds pretty cool :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->