Dieting with Allergies and Intolerences

bigbloomerz

Reaction score
Does anybody else have the same problem as me where you are allergic/intolerent to so much stuff that trying to follow a diet plan of any sort is very dificult because you are already limited as to what you can and cant eat?

I have an A4 piece of paper long list of allergies/intolerences and it does my head in doing the weekly shop having to read the ingredients on everything, so much so that I now do the shopping online as it takes me nearly 2 hours in the shop!

I did Slimming World before my wedding in 2008 and lost a stone and a half which I was really pleased with but again the recipes from their magazines and website didnt cater for people like me, I tired my best to substitute items e.g normal milk for soya milk and so on but it just seems like to much hard work, especially with a 7 week old baby to look after and a husband who is a fussy eater! :dohh:

Anyone got any ideas? or plans that worked for you that can be easily adjusted?

Ive been doing more exercise ion the day but then scoffing a packet of crisps later on just because I can, so I need to stick to a diet plan of some sort!

You'd probably be best calorie counting hun, that way you can eat what you can/want within moderation. Try out a site like www.sparkpeople.com It's free and has useful articles on things like allergies and stuff too, as well as support groups/teams and recipes.

Hey! I have quite a few allergies as well... only pay attention to the serious ones though. I am not willing to follow a strict enough diet to avoid all my triggers so I take anti-histamines daily, year round... they keep me sane. :)

I have recently gained a bunch of weight that I am trying to lose again. I find that with being so sensitive to certain things the best thing to do is just to eat very basic, healthy and count calories.

I don't try to follow certain plans, but I tend to buy certain foods and stick to them... I go to the same store every week and buy things that I amfamiliar with. ie. I buy the store made bread because it only contains basic ingredients, I also like to go through the organic/health foods section.... a lot of stuff in there doesn't have a zillion ingredients to read through...

Would your OH help you? Me and my OH write little lists that we add to during a few days and write down meals that we would like to have... then go shopping. My OH is a fussy eater as well (as in; his diet consists of milk, cookies and fast-food... does not like any fruit or vegs except corn :| he's crazy)

Anyway, I hope my ranting was of some help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->