Differences between FRER and internet cheapies?

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Hey girls, hope it's ok to post here.

AF is due on the 23rd, and I got a very faint BFP a few days ago. Since then I've had BFNs with ICs and tesco's own brand.

Now, the internet cheapies appear to be very sensitive, and the FRER could have been an evap. So, what are the differences, and why do I keep hearing people say to trust the FRER more?

Should I go out and buy a FRER for now?

Problem is, I can't find one ANYWHERE in my little town, and the big stores are a 90min drive away :dohh:

I've been to two chemists, Asda and Tescos. The only other place I can think of is boots, but I don't know if I'll be able to get there anytime soon. :(

Bump. Anyone know why FRER is recommended over ICs?

Kirstin.....3 days ago?

I do I got a very clear postive on a FRER within 20 seconds of dipping it (see pic) but the IC was still very light, you could still see it but it wasn't nearly as dark as the control line.

https://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt333/NoodlesandFlump/Test.jpg

I have to ask - whats a frer?

I am a internet cheapies girl myself :)

The only reason people trust them more is because they're a brand/cost more I suppose?

:test:

They are all different sensitivities as well.

The IC i got said not to test until the day AF was due, was detecting 25 whatever the measure is of hcg so I assumed it was the same as a more expensive early test, but some of them are 10, so would show up quicker.

Helpfully the clear blue digi test didn't say what measure it was taking, but I guess it has a range given it also tells you roughly how far along you are, has an option for 1-2 weeks post ov but does say it's only 55% effective at that stage, goes up quite significantly if you wait a few more days....

My Ic cheapies had the faintest lines ever, so faint i was lucky to spot it, and even then i thought it was an evap. I used a sainsburys own brand about 3 days later and got a brighter, but still faint, line.

The internet cheapies can come in a variety of sensitivities, I have the 10 mui ones which showed a dark line right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->