Differences in cervical mucus? TMI pics

BebeNumeroUno

Not Trying Not Preventing
Reaction score
Hello. I've always been a little confused about the whole different discharges women get and what they mean. I'm curious to know if I ovulated, since I'm not trying, not preventing, I didn't take OPKs or BBT but I'm still pretty curious.

From about the 5th-7th I had this kind of discharge: https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-R9j99D-0eO...cm-flipped.jpg

And the 8th-9th I had this kind of discharge: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...vTb-WefKuQ6KUs

I have 24 day cycles usually on the dot (I've been late about 3 times in my life) and I've been paying A LOT of attention to my discharge and body and stuff for over a year and am very in tune with it. I noticed around the 7th to 13th day after my period begins is when I start getting those kind of discharges. And it's every month, so I know it isn't any kind of infection or anything. Can anyone help me out? I'm just trying to understand this stuff. I was told by someone that the discharge in the first picture was supposed to come after the discharge in the second picture but I always get it before the second picture.

I asked this in the NTNP section but no one answered, so I hoped I could get some help here!

i can't see the pictures? The links are not working. I too am curious about this subject though

i was so excited to see your pics (weird, i know)...but ive been wondering the same thing. however the links arent working for me either! can you post again?

Really? Well shoot. Okay, well the first discharge I got was like thin and silky-ish, not sticky or stretchy at all. The second discharge was the raw egg white discharge that was thick and I could stretch it on my fingers.

It's a very interesting topic, huh? I wish I could understand it more! I guess nothing is set, everyone is different but I'd love to know about other women's experiences with it.

i was so excited to see your pics (weird, i know)...but ive been wondering the same thing. however the links arent working for me either! can you post again?

Haha, okay! I'll try to link it to my Photobucket. One sec!

Okay, I think I got it!

1st discharge I got (May 5th-7th):
https://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/Liason_TrueLove/TMI/wat_zps65954c11.jpg

2nd discharge I got (May 8th-9th):
https://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/Liason_TrueLove/TMI/ew_zpsdddcffa7.jpg

I hope that works!

Haha, okay! I'll try to link it to my Photobucket. One sec!

:blush:
Oh what us woman wont go through in order to conceive and know about our bodies. Its very interesting, thats for sure!

btw...if your pic is saved on your comp, you can just attach it to your post. Theres a button that says "manage attachments" and you can upload it onto your post :)

Haha, so true! It really can drive us a little crazy, even me who's not even supposed to be trying!

Oh really? Okay, thanks. I'll remember that for next time, I already posted them from Photobucket this time though, there up there ^^ somewhere.

those worked! i was so curious bc this month i had some stretchy cm which is why i took an OPK and it turned out positive! but mine was never the ewcm... mine was actually a mix of your two pics, believe it or not! watery, but stretchy. not thick at all. too interesting!!

those worked! i was so curious bc this month i had some stretchy cm which is why i took an OPK and it turned out positive! but mine was never the ewcm... mine was actually a mix of your two pics, believe it or not! watery, but stretchy. not thick at all. too interesting!!

Wow, congrats on the positive OPK! I guess it really is different for each woman. But I hope it's good news for the both of us.

Mine was like that egg white when I was TTC with my second son,we DTD when mine was stretchy and then coupla weeks later I had my BFP,he was 2 years old back in feb,guess what tho,I never had chance to get egg white for his little brother,our little accident that arrived after,there's 11 months between them! I have super EWCM right now and TTC#4 but hubby working away and wont see him to DTD til tomorrow night,I hope I am still fertile then! I stretched mine almost 3 inches this morning!!!

Mine was like that egg white when I was TTC with my second son,we DTD when mine was stretchy and then coupla weeks later I had my BFP,he was 2 years old back in feb,guess what tho,I never had chance to get egg white for his little brother,our little accident that arrived after,there's 11 months between them! I have super EWCM right now and TTC#4 but hubby working away and wont see him to DTD til tomorrow night,I hope I am still fertile then! I stretched mine almost 3 inches this morning!!!

When I got pregnant the first time I didn't notice any ewcm either, but this time I do. So maybe I'll be like that too! Aww, man, I hope you are too! I think you're fertile a day after ovulation too, so I'll cross my fingers for you!

I've always been curious about this subject too so thanks for posting pics. You are lucky that the second pic looks like classic fertile CM. I very, very rarely produce this :( I read somewhere that cone biopsies (which I've had 2 of to remove pre-cancer cells from the cervix) can hinder production of CM. Perhaps this is why analysing my CM rarely gives me any clues as to my most fertile days. Boo hoo but for my complaining I do have a perfect 21mth old son that I fell pregnant with in my second month of TTC. In my 3rd month of TTC at the moment and find it frustrating that CM and LH urine tests dont seem to offer much of an indication of ovulation.

I've always been curious about this subject too so thanks for posting pics. You are lucky that the second pic looks like classic fertile CM. I very, very rarely produce this :( I read somewhere that cone biopsies (which I've had 2 of to remove pre-cancer cells from the cervix) can hinder production of CM. Perhaps this is why analysing my CM rarely gives me any clues as to my most fertile days. Boo hoo but for my complaining I do have a perfect 21mth old son that I fell pregnant with in my second month of TTC. In my 3rd month of TTC at the moment and find it frustrating that CM and LH urine tests dont seem to offer much of an indication of ovulation.

Aww, well when I first got pregnant I didn't have any cm at all, like zero! And I also heard that even if you don't produce any you still can get pg without any issues.
Congrats on the beautiful son of yours! I bet he's an angel.
Really? Did you see a doctor? Maybe they'll do an ultrasound to see when or if you ovulate? I'll cross my fingers for ya, hopefully you'll get a positive soon! :)

First pic looks like Watery CM and second looks like EggWhite CM..and that is the order they should appear...both are fertile CM...EW is better, but not everyone gets it. EWCM is not really thick, it is clear and stretches...if it's thick and white it could be Creamy CM or if it's thick and yellowish is could be old semen, but both of those will not stretch much between your fingers.

There is a lot of good information on the CM topic in Taking Control of your Fertility, if you have a chance I suggest you pick it up...I have seen it at thrift stores even as it is quite a popular book.

First pic looks like Watery CM and second looks like EggWhite CM..and that is the order they should appear...both are fertile CM...EW is better, but not everyone gets it. EWCM is not really thick, it is clear and stretches...if it's thick and white it could be Creamy CM or if it's thick and yellowish is could be old semen, but both of those will not stretch much between your fingers.

There is a lot of good information on the CM topic in Taking Control of your Fertility, if you have a chance I suggest you pick it up...I have seen it at thrift stores even as it is quite a popular book.

Thank you! I'll have to look for it next time :)

My cm is clear but not stretchy around ovulation and its not alot of it. I thought about taking EPO or fertile cm but I don't want to mess up my cycle because its regular

See and mine do not show up in that order at all!! And like another wonderful lady mentioned mine can also be in between watery and EW!! For me a couple days after AF is completely gone, no spotting, EW will appear, then I will have about a week of watery CM and only sometimes will it reappear to EW on the day I O.

It is strange how we are all different!!

Hey guys! So I'm 2-3 days late, minor cramping but no period as yet, sore boobs, I'm really wet down there but when I wipe...nothing and sometimes I get a bit if lotion-y discharge. Sounds almost identical to my last pregnancy. But I'm not that late yet so I'm gonna try to keep calm. Still crossing my fingers though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->