Differences ins pregnancies?

MusicMonkey11

Reaction score
Not quite sure how to explain this but I'll try.

I'm 21 and I'm 8 weeks 4 days (as of the 30/04) my sister is 16 and she's 9 weeks 4 days so exactly a week ahead. We both had ultrasounds this week and her baby is behind.

My baby is 2.3cm and has a heartbeat of 178 bpm. Her bub at a week ahead is 2.3cm and she doesn't remember seeing or being told about the heart beat.

If you put the two side by side her baby still looks like a deformed jelly bean while mine has a defined head and body.

I think I know the cause but at the same time I'm unsure. I was hopping there is someone out there who might be able to either confirm my suspicions or tell me why this is.

I feel her baby's behind due to her constant pot smoking.

It is possible that the dates calculated using her last period were wrong, she ovulated late, and that you're both the same length along and that her scan picture was taken from a different angle than yours. It is also possible that her drug intake is causing stunted and deformed growth. Time will tell. Is your sister still doing drugs?

Did you both have scans done at the same place by the same person? I noticed with my son's 9 week scan you could see a head, a body, arms and legs individually. But I've definitely seen people's scans on here that don't look like that all at 9 weeks. Just a blurb with a hb. In my case, I don't think it has anything to do with what the baby looks like; I think it had much more to do with the equipment and who scanned us.
Pot smoking while pregnant can cause a lot of problems, but I don't think it would be evident at this point in pregnancy. It's also possible she's off on her dates. Did the sonographer measure the baby and give it a date based on that?

me and my ex best friend both ended up pregnant about a month apart and i dont use drugs but she has and im not sure if she still does. im a month and two weeks ahead of her but when we were both in the first tri, her baby was measuring behind(i cant remember if it was 3 weeks or what) and she told me they didnt tell her there was a heartbeat at the time of the scan. she did tell me that her doctor told her she needs lots more nutrients because she lacks them, calcium being one of them, and then she told me she didnt want to eat anything the doctor wanted her to(supplement OR foodwise) because she hates it. i dont talk to her much anymore because although her and i are very young, she's super immature about her decisions and i can't listen to her nonsense without getting upset. anyway, we work at the same place with our boyfriends and shes still pregnant as far as i know since i havent heard otherwise, but our coworkers tell me she doesnt look that way at all(maybe because she's a larger girl?). maybe her baby girl had a growth problem but im not sure if everything has been alright. ive been on maternity leave so i dont see her often anymore.

Is your sister still doing drugs?

Very heavily. I've told her either cut back or stop. Not that she'll listen. My dates were calculated wrong but that was due to a medical problem I have. My sister was pregnant in January but lost the baby early Feb so her dates could be off.

Did you both have scans done at the same place by the same person?

Did the sonographer measure the baby and give it a date based on that?

Scanned at different places by different people.

In my Ultrasound yes and by the looks of my sister I would say yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->