Differences when preggo with boy/girl

On my 2nd one and its definitely a lot different from when I had my son. He was easy! No sickness, fatigue was minimal and ate a lot of fruits. This time I was exhausted the first 3 weeks, nausea swept in right after for another 2 and now I'm starting to feel better. Noticing some small break outs here and there, which I've never had in the past during or before pregnancy.

I'm all over with food, I can't really eat any meat, unless I'm in the mood for it; which is rare. We don't find out the sex of this baby until the end of March, hopefully, but I'm feeling that this one might be a girl.

You'll have to update me when you find out the sex! I do feel this pregnancy is different but in all honesty all my pregnancies were in some way!

I had no nausea with my son, and felt nauseous for several weeks with my daughter. Have felt worse than both this time around so it could be that each pregnancy its getting worse, or this could be another girl.

I also had lots of leg cramps and heartburn with my son and neither with my daughter.

Were your babies born with lots of hair?

My son yes, daughter had some but not as much as he did.

My babies are born full head of jet black hair(DH and I are both blondes lol) and I always have killer heart burn! I saw somewhere trust this is actually scientifically proven because one of the hormones that cause heartburn also cause increased hair growth or something along those lines

I don't have much experience with both genders just a girl, but this pregnancy so far I feel completely different than I did with my daughter... I think. It's still early. I am not sick yet, not even nauseous (could be jinxing myself hahah) but ALL I want are savory foods. Chips, soup, sandwiches, burgers, etc lol.. and nothing sweet at all. I know it sounds awful but I want another girl and not a boy lol. But we will see!

Do you find girls easier? The only thing I remember for sure that was easier with my daughter was bf she ate when hungry and all my boys my boobs were essentially their binky's boys and boobs I guess lol

My pregnancies were night and day: with my first, MS was gone at 10 weeks, only craved grapes, very easy pregnancy pretty much symptom free, normal labor/delivery. With my second, I had MS from 5 weeks to a week after delivery (GERD), really bad SPD, craved carbs, crazy mood swings, precipitous labor/delivery.....I have 2 boys....sometimes even totally opposite pregnancies are the same gender! I hope you get the girl you're hoping for!

My pregnancies were night and day: with my first, MS was gone at 10 weeks, only craved grapes, very easy pregnancy pretty much symptom free, normal labor/delivery. With my second, I had MS from 5 weeks to a week after delivery (GERD), really bad SPD, craved carbs, crazy mood swings, precipitous labor/delivery.....I have 2 boys....sometimes even totally opposite pregnancies are the same gender! I hope you get the girl you're hoping for!

I hope my nausea ends at 10 weeks , I haven't been able to eat much of anything....but I have been craving spicy stuff

I hope my nausea ends at 10 weeks , I haven't been able to eat much of anything....but I have been craving spicy stuff

i hope it goes away for you soon!! I think the more common experience is for it to ease up going into second tri so FX you are able to get some relief in the coming weeks

Thank you , but it seems to be getting worse though as the days pass

I have been wrong with every single pregnancy every one! And DH has been right every single time even with our dd he knew she was a girl very early so I keep asking him what he thinks and he won't say! I'm hoping this is because he's terrified to have another girl and that's what he thinks lol he has no idea how to discipline our daughter if he does he apologizes after aha! So all I can say with this pregnancy is I'm way more tired can't eat "real" food and just feel blah! My symptoms with my boys were nothing really tired towards the end. I am older this time though I think that plus a big part!

Genuinely thought you said you can eat cat food ...

Lol my husband is the same with our DD, she's only four but if he becomes frustrated with her (she screams a lot to communicate as she's autistic and this can become quite challenging) he's so apologetic afterwards and showers her with cuddles and kisses ... she's four, autistic and has him wrapped right around her little finger lol! Mind you, she's the same with me too. She may not communicate much but she will come to me, give me a kiss and give me the eyes saying "mummy, phone?" because she likes Talking Tom :haha:

So maybe your husband is psychic ... he seems rather intuitive! You're going to have to get it out of him somehow

Bahaha I likely lol'd when I read that hahai used to eat cat food when I was a kid lol I was weird and not like little kid I was like 10 oh throwing myself out there aha

Yah it makes me giggle, he's actually the same with our 2 year old and he's on that spectrum so communication is challenging and rather than helping to settle him and figure out what he's needing he just starts handing him candy, cookies, tablets or all of the above I understand it breaks his heart to see him struggle but for gosh sakes!

Oh he totally is but ONLY with genders of unborn babies, not when he's pissed me off but had no idea lol well and he usually knows I'm pregnant before I do!

How old was your daughter when she revived her diagnosis and where she is on the spectrum?

Oh you haven't any idea how relieved I am to read you used to eat cat food as my DSD does this! I don't know why. Urgh I can't imagine though, I couldn't do it lol!

My husband knew I was pregnant with DS2 before I did. He made me test, I wasn't going to bother because I didn't think I was but he was convinced and he wasn't wrong! But like yours, hasn't a clue when he's annoyed me :dohh:

I think mums in general are best at discipline. Dads seem to be extreme with the guilt when they try.

Our DD was diagnosed around her fourth birthday ... I think ... yes I'm sure it was last year and not the year before. We knew but it was when we took her along to DS2's speech & language appointment, we'd had a referral in the pipeline for ages but hadn't heard from anyone so when they saw her too they fast tracked her which was good of them. DS2 was about the same age with his diagnosis but DS1 wasn't diagnosed until he was almost 13 because people weren't listening to me despite me voicing my concerns since he was about five. I wasn't diagnosed until I was 32!
With the youngest two so DD and DS2 it's hard to know at the moment precisely where they are on the spectrum but they aren't as high functioning as DS1. DS1 is diagnosed the same as myself - high functioning autism with Asperger's traits. It's an umbrella diagnosis these days so they won't just diagnose Asperger's as separate from autism even though it is slightly different

Oh cupcake why not? Haha I don't know why I ate it but I think it started pot of curiosity then when I was told I can't do it well let's just say I pushed back against everything I was told not to do!

This is true I mean I do feel guilt but I don't tell them!!!!! Aha

So we have an early intervention team here that I started seeing when ds4 was 20months I had a ton of concerns that they agreed with and it made me feel so much better we haven't been diagnosed yet he's not quite 3 yet. But they're 100% sure he'll fall somewhere on the spectrum. He also has Williams syndrome. Yah they all tend to be umbrella diagnosis with these traits because that's what they've told us

Urgh because urgh lol even the smell of it ... it's totally someone else's duty to feed our lot!
Completely understand the rebellion though, I was like that too, just not with cat food lol

Yeah this is it, you don't tell them! Otherwise that's it, you've had it! I don't think men quite grasp this.

Yeah we could have seen someone earlier but we wanted to give it time and see if they caught up with various milestones as they had with some, and I was so wary about jumping the gun. They don't work quite the same here I don't think, they do tend to diagnose really early and sometimes the child in question doesn't actually have those problems which becomes apparent later on. But in hindsight it was probably silly leaving it as long as we did with the two youngest as both eldest and I had been diagnosed so it would seem it's me passing down the autism. Does anyone in your family have any diagnosis or traits? My dad does

Urgh because urgh lol even the smell of it ... it's totally someone else's duty to feed our lot!
Completely understand the rebellion though, I was like that too, just not with cat food lol

Yeah this is it, you don't tell them! Otherwise that's it, you've had it! I don't think men quite grasp this.

Yeah we could have seen someone earlier but we wanted to give it time and see if they caught up with various milestones as they had with some, and I was so wary about jumping the gun. They don't work quite the same here I don't think, they do tend to diagnose really early and sometimes the child in question doesn't actually have those problems which becomes apparent later on. But in hindsight it was probably silly leaving it as long as we did with the two youngest as both eldest and I had been diagnosed so it would seem it's me passing down the autism. Does anyone in your family have any diagnosis or traits? My dad does

My lo won't be diagnosed with a placement until 4 as of right now it's just traits. They do that here kids get diagnosed all the time who probably are just a late bloomer but once they're in the school system as diagnosed with autism or autistic traits you will remain. One nice thing is I feel my ds is getting a headstart so that's nice!

Well I'm adopted and do not know any family history, on dh side not that I know of. But they've said to me it's probably on my side as it tends to come from the mother not always but most often! I want to find my birth family just don't know where to start!

Boy - Nausea, sickness, extreme smell sensitivity, daily heartburn, craved more sweet things, good skin, no energy.

Girl - Nausea, extreme smell sensitivity, daily heartburn, craved more savoury things, bad skin, higher energy.

My lo won't be diagnosed with a placement until 4 as of right now it's just traits. They do that here kids get diagnosed all the time who probably are just a late bloomer but once they're in the school system as diagnosed with autism or autistic traits you will remain. One nice thing is I feel my ds is getting a headstart so that's nice!

Well I'm adopted and do not know any family history, on dh side not that I know of. But they've said to me it's probably on my side as it tends to come from the mother not always but most often! I want to find my birth family just don't know where to start!

That's interesting. I didn't know it's more likely to come from the mother's side. Makes sense though for us as I am, and all three of my biological children are.
Hmmm ... I'm not sure. I don't know if it's hugely different between the UK and US but I would think your first port of call would be social services? Unless your adoptive parents know some info on your bio parents?

Boy - Nausea, sickness, extreme smell sensitivity, daily heartburn, craved more sweet things, good skin, no energy.

Girl - Nausea, extreme smell sensitivity, daily heartburn, craved more savoury things, bad skin, higher energy.

Hmm I'm in the both of your lists haha I would love a girl but I'm not getting my hopes up and I will be happy with my newest addition either way! My husband's dad had 6 brothers and 1 sister and the sister was the baby!!!!!

That's interesting. I didn't know it's more likely to come from the mother's side. Makes sense though for us as I am, and all three of my biological children are.
Hmmm ... I'm not sure. I don't know if it's hugely different between the UK and US but I would think your first port of call would be social services? Unless your adoptive parents know some info on your bio parents?

So my parents used Catholic charities as the adoption agency when they adopted me, at the time Colorado was a closed document state meaning if the adoption was a closed adoption which it is everything is sealed and I cannot find anything. Colorado has since then opened their documents but I was adopted through a private agency so they don't have to show anything. I'm sure there's a way but a lot of work and rather expensive!

I’ve been told by the nub experts baby is 99% boy this time and I have 3 girls already.

With my girls I was being sick more, and by second tri I felt great. I craved sweet things a lot!

This time, I was sick only a few times but ‘feel’ sick majority of the day. I’m still gagging etc when I walk into the kitchen or open the fridge. I have completely gone of chocolate (I normally love chocolate!) and cannot drink coffee (it’s all I ever used to drink) so have moved on to tea which I never used to really like. I’m also still exhausted and feeling crappy (14w now) x

So my parents used Catholic charities as the adoption agency when they adopted me, at the time Colorado was a closed document state meaning if the adoption was a closed adoption which it is everything is sealed and I cannot find anything. Colorado has since then opened their documents but I was adopted through a private agency so they don't have to show anything. I'm sure there's a way but a lot of work and rather expensive!

I see. That makes things awkward, but probably not impossible. Is there a freedom of information law? I don't know how this would work over there, but here if I wanted all my documents from social services years ago I'd have to make a request via freedom of information and pay a fee of £50 maximum. But, one thing here is they only keep documents for so long and then they destroy them. I don't know if they do this there

I’ve been told by the nub experts baby is 99% boy this time and I have 3 girls already.

With my girls I was being sick more, and by second tri I felt great. I craved sweet things a lot!

This time, I was sick only a few times but ‘feel’ sick majority of the day. I’m still gagging etc when I walk into the kitchen or open the fridge. I have completely gone of chocolate (I normally love chocolate!) and cannot drink coffee (it’s all I ever used to drink) so have moved on to tea which I never used to really like. I’m also still exhausted and feeling crappy (14w now) x

I'm sorry you feel so horrible! Hopefully it will pass soon! I have a lot more nausea this pregnancy then ever before I never had ms with any of them (DH says I did with one but he can't remember which one haha) so it obvious if I did it wasn't terrible! The biggest difference is the exhaustion and the acne but I'm also older this time so who knows but thank you for chiming in I really appreciate it!

I see. That makes things awkward, but probably not impossible. Is there a freedom of information law? I don't know how this would work over there, but here if I wanted all my documents from social services years ago I'd have to make a request via freedom of information and pay a fee of £50 maximum. But, one thing here is they only keep documents for so long and then they destroy them. I don't know if they do this there

Ok so I looked this up, it seems each of the 50 states here get to make their own laws about opening info, so ever though Colorado decided to open info they did it with stipulations, so I can hire a private investigator to get into all the information for me it will run me anywhere from $1500-$5000 depending on how closed it is, but with me having another baby now with my lo having this diagnosis it may be worth it to know if we're looking for the same traits!

Wow. That's a hefty sum! I wonder how much you can find out yourself? Do you know any details?
There may be a less costly and easier way of finding out medical history to a point. They offer genetic testing here so I'm assuming they offer similar there too? I don't know if that may be less expensive? Although I'm sure you want to find your bio parents anyway for other reasons. I would too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->