Differences when preggo with boy/girl

Katiedw21

Reaction score
Hello fellow pregnant mamas! So I have 4 boys and 1 girl oldest ds 14 almost 15 2nd ds 12 one and only (so far) dd 11 3rd ds 7 4th ds 2 (3 in March) so although I have been pregnant with a girl before it was only once and it was ages ago and I don't remember the difference! So I'm here to ask all of you ladies what were your symptoms, cravings, body changes when you were carrying a boy and same symptoms, cravings, body changes when carrying a girl? We would love another dd we will obviously be happy either way but since we do not find out the gender thought it'd be nice to get y'alls input! Thank you all!!!

Generally im more sick with girls and I crave sweeter foods. We've had 6 girls 3 boys. My last baby was the exception, I wasn't AS sick with her so i was convinced she was a boy.
Hope you get your girl :)

Generally im more sick with girls and I crave sweeter foods. We've had 6 girls 3 boys. My last baby was the exception, I wasn't AS sick with her so i was convinced she was a boy.
Hope you get your girl :)

I don't rally get ms with any of them that I remember. The only difference I truly remember is gaining a ton of weight and just looking bigger in general but I conceived her when my son was only 5 months and I had preterm labor so I was in a hospital bed from 28 weeks to 32 weeks so I don't know if it was because she was a girl or just the situation! Thank you lora! I appreciate your input with you having multiple of each sex!

Oh I am so jealous of women that dont have MS... id probably have another couple if I didn't! Hope you don't have pre term labour this time around.

Well skipping the MS part since that doesn't apply to you lol then my biggest early notices were that I had more acne with my boys and craved what I would call a "manly" diet (aka unhealthy junk food like chips, pop, greasy meat and chocolate) while with my girls I craved mostly veggies, salads and ice cream. My nails grew outrageously quick with my girls while my hair grew quick with my boys. A huge hint on gender though was at the 12 week scan when I asked them if my placenta was anterior or posterior. My girls had anterior and my boys had posterior.

Absolutely no differences here! I thought for sure I was having another boy. Bump was a bit bigger with DD but she was over 1lb heavier so that'd be expected.

So I think I jinxed myself because yesterday tummy was upset and I was a little nautious but it started at around 11am and stopped around 4 so thought it was because I hadn't eaten anything then right after I wrote this and said I don't have ms lol it hit again nautious had to lay down and rest was dizzy so now biting my tongue because I hope this doesn't turn into ms daily! That's my luck though

No differences for me, I just had worse morning sickness with each pregnancy is all.

I was more nauseous with my girl and definitely craved sweeter foods.

Thank you all ladies! Keep them coming! I would even be ok twins 1 boy 1 girl lol

I had no nausea with my son, and felt nauseous for several weeks with my daughter. Have felt worse than both this time around so it could be that each pregnancy its getting worse, or this could be another girl.

I also had lots of leg cramps and heartburn with my son and neither with my daughter.

I had no nausea with my son, and felt nauseous for several weeks with my daughter. Have felt worse than both this time around so it could be that each pregnancy its getting worse, or this could be another girl.

I also had lots of leg cramps and heartburn with my son and neither with my daughter.

Were your babies born with lots of hair?

I don't have much experience with both genders just a girl, but this pregnancy so far I feel completely different than I did with my daughter... I think. It's still early. I am not sick yet, not even nauseous (could be jinxing myself hahah) but ALL I want are savory foods. Chips, soup, sandwiches, burgers, etc lol.. and nothing sweet at all. I know it sounds awful but I want another girl and not a boy lol. But we will see!

Were your babies born with lots of hair?

My son yes, daughter had some but not as much as he did.

With my boys I found I had symptoms early on but they were mild and fewer of them, I think I carried lower with them and I craved things like KFC, Chinese, curry and I can't remember what else. With DD my symptoms were non existent aside from cramps which had me convinced af was arriving. But once I hit 6 weeks that was it, the most nausea I have experienced in any pregnancy, that was the worst one. I also had SPD later on with her which was awful! I craved pasta with her. And tomatoes.
With DS2 & DD I couldn't eat properly until the second tri, and with all three I craved full fat Coke. I craved milk with one of them but I can't remember who. I also carried higher with DD.
I think the one thing though is that I just knew with each what we were having, from early on. Also, weirdly the magpie thing panned out. With the boys I always saw four magpies, I wasn't looking out for them, I just kept seeing them! And with our daughter I saw three all the time. I also did the Chinese gender predictor thing online after I had an inkling what we were having and they confirmed my thoughts

I have had 4 girls andv2 boys weirdly I got my bfp super early with the boys I was convinced that my 5th pregnancy was a boy I carried different craved different things the feral hb pointed boy. Dh nearly passed out when she popped out lol I haven't had much luck with guessing gender

I have been wrong with every single pregnancy every one! And DH has been right every single time even with our dd he knew she was a girl very early so I keep asking him what he thinks and he won't say! I'm hoping this is because he's terrified to have another girl and that's what he thinks lol he has no idea how to discipline our daughter if he does he apologizes after aha! So all I can say with this pregnancy is I'm way more tired can't eat "real" food and just feel blah! My symptoms with my boys were nothing really tired towards the end. I am older this time though I think that plus a big part!

On my 2nd one and its definitely a lot different from when I had my son. He was easy! No sickness, fatigue was minimal and ate a lot of fruits. This time I was exhausted the first 3 weeks, nausea swept in right after for another 2 and now I'm starting to feel better. Noticing some small break outs here and there, which I've never had in the past during or before pregnancy.

I'm all over with food, I can't really eat any meat, unless I'm in the mood for it; which is rare. We don't find out the sex of this baby until the end of March, hopefully, but I'm feeling that this one might be a girl.

I have been wrong with every single pregnancy every one! And DH has been right every single time even with our dd he knew she was a girl very early so I keep asking him what he thinks and he won't say! I'm hoping this is because he's terrified to have another girl and that's what he thinks lol he has no idea how to discipline our daughter if he does he apologizes after aha! So all I can say with this pregnancy is I'm way more tired can't eat "real" food and just feel blah! My symptoms with my boys were nothing really tired towards the end. I am older this time though I think that plus a big part!

Genuinely thought you said you can eat cat food ...

Lol my husband is the same with our DD, she's only four but if he becomes frustrated with her (she screams a lot to communicate as she's autistic and this can become quite challenging) he's so apologetic afterwards and showers her with cuddles and kisses ... she's four, autistic and has him wrapped right around her little finger lol! Mind you, she's the same with me too. She may not communicate much but she will come to me, give me a kiss and give me the eyes saying "mummy, phone?" because she likes Talking Tom :haha:

So maybe your husband is psychic ... he seems rather intuitive! You're going to have to get it out of him somehow

Genuinely thought you said you can eat cat food ...

Lol my husband is the same with our DD, she's only four but if he becomes frustrated with her (she screams a lot to communicate as she's autistic and this can become quite challenging) he's so apologetic afterwards and showers her with cuddles and kisses ... she's four, autistic and has him wrapped right around her little finger lol! Mind you, she's the same with me too. She may not communicate much but she will come to me, give me a kiss and give me the eyes saying "mummy, phone?" because she likes Talking Tom :haha:

So maybe your husband is psychic ... he seems rather intuitive! You're going to have to get it out of him somehow

Bahaha I likely lol'd when I read that hahai used to eat cat food when I was a kid lol I was weird and not like little kid I was like 10 oh throwing myself out there aha

Yah it makes me giggle, he's actually the same with our 2 year old and he's on that spectrum so communication is challenging and rather than helping to settle him and figure out what he's needing he just starts handing him candy, cookies, tablets or all of the above I understand it breaks his heart to see him struggle but for gosh sakes!

Oh he totally is but ONLY with genders of unborn babies, not when he's pissed me off but had no idea lol well and he usually knows I'm pregnant before I do!

How old was your daughter when she revived her diagnosis and where she is on the spectrum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->