Different drugs for different types of ms?

ay2808

Reaction score
I had bad morning sickness with dd from 7 weeks until about 20 weeks. I lost weight and struggled to eat but suffered in silence as I thought it was normal and just had to get on with it. This time I am having the same thing but I'm busier with work and have an active toddler to deal with. I am being sick several times a day and there are only a handful of foods I can manage, even the smell of food cooking makes me physically sick. I make sure I have a ginger biscuit as soon as I wake up and then eat every 3 hours throughout the day. I went to the dr last week but he was reluctant to prescribe anything as he said there hasn't really been enough research on what is safe in pregnant women. I went through what I have tried and been doing to manage it and he said to try sea bands and ginger. The sea bands seem to take the edge of the nausea but they are not stopping me from being sick. The ginger tablets don't seem to have made any difference and in fact swallowing the pill this morning brought being sick on.
I guess what I'm asking is - is there a drug that stops physical sickness?

Wow...my Dr gave me two scripts even after I told her I didn't want them...said it wasn't bad enough where I thought I needed them...well now its BAD just a few days after and I filled them. I mean I'm in the bathroom all day. If I eat, if I don't, if I drink ginger ale, if I drink water...it doesn't matter at this point. She prescribed me diclegis and one other one (don't know the name off hand) and said they are classified as safer than the prescription prenatals (which I don't use. Prefer the organic ones). The diclegis makes you sleepy, so you take it at night. It works! No nausea no vomiting! The other one makes you constipated, which I haven't tried yet. But now that I have them everyone at work is making me feel guilty about taking them :(. I work in a health foods store and are all giving me the no-no speach, so now I'm afraid to take something that I know works! What's worse, not haveing any nutrients or water or taking a pill? My sister has used the diclegis throughout two pregnancies with no issues. Ugh its all just so frusturating!

Wow...my Dr gave me two scripts even after I told her I didn't want them...said it wasn't bad enough where I thought I needed them...well now its BAD just a few days after and I filled them. I mean I'm in the bathroom all day. If I eat, if I don't, if I drink ginger ale, if I drink water...it doesn't matter at this point. She prescribed me diclegis and one other one (don't know the name off hand) and said they are classified as safer than the prescription prenatals (which I don't use. Prefer the organic ones). The diclegis makes you sleepy, so you take it at night. It works! No nausea no vomiting! The other one makes you constipated, which I haven't tried yet. But now that I have them everyone at work is making me feel guilty about taking them :(. I work in a health foods store and are all giving me the no-no speach, so now I'm afraid to take something that I know works! What's worse, not haveing any nutrients or water or taking a pill? My sister has used the diclegis throughout two pregnancies with no issues. Ugh its all just so frusturating!

I got put on zofran. That one makes you constipated. It's horrible!

Lol good to know! Thanks for the heads up to not take that one!

I am on zofran and yes it makes you constipated, but for me, it's a lifesaver. I couldn't keep anything down. Now I can eat some things and I can drink enough fluids. I still have good and bad times, but thank The Lord for zofran.

I would tell your Dr. to write you a script. If not, I would find another Dr.

I currently take Zofran and I'm still not without nausea. I'm not vomiting, so that will work for now.

Thanks ladies. I will be making an appointment with a different dr this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->