Different results on OPKs same urine??

banana07

DS1 (8yo) & DS2 (1yo)
Reaction score
Hey ladies

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on my current confusion!

I started using the advanced digi opks last month, I started them late tho but still got my smiley opk on the second day about CD14 - that was all fine.

This month I started using them on CD 10 and to my surprise on CD10 just before bed I got a flashing smiley (not a solid one). Did a bit of research and some people get these for a few days so thought nothing of it CD 11 2 flashing smileys - all seems normal enough but this morning I noticed I still had the holder for the regular digi opk so decided to dip both of them in the same urine. The regular digi came up negative which I presumed was normal and the advanced one would show up flashing which would all make perfect sense that the regular one wasn't picking up whatever the flashing one detect but no the advanced one was Solid??? So both clear blue both new test sticks, came urine and one fully negative and one fully positive test.

CD10 @ 8.30am - Negative
CD10 @ 11.30pm - Flashing Smiley
CD11 @ 9am - Flashing Smiley
CD11 @ 10.30pm - Flashing Smiley
CD12 @ 9.30am - Negative on regular digi AND Solid smiley on advanced digi?

We dtd last night and plan on doing it again tonight and until I stop getting positive opks.

On top of all this its very early for me I used to get a pos opk on CD18 since starting clomid I went from CD18 to CD16 next cycle to CD14 last month and this month CD12!! 2 days earlier every time!!

Which do you think is correct, do you think maybe the advanced one is just more sensitive??

Hopefully the regular one will show up a solid tonight or tomorrow and all the confusion will be over !!

:)

Hi the clearblue advanced must be used in morning after longest sleep using two a day may show a false peak as the urine is less concentrated at night and more in morning if that makes sense I would say you have not ovulated but I'm not an expert x

Hi the clearblue advanced must be used in morning after longest sleep using two a day may show a false peak as the urine is less concentrated at night and more in morning if that makes sense I would say you have not ovulated but I'm not an expert x

Hi Michelle

Thank you for your reply. Sorry I didn't reply back sooner, I have really bad internet at home only getting around to it now.

I don't think I've ovulated at all this month and now I'm CD17. I had another positive opk on the standard digi on CD15 but no temp rise at all since. I've stopped using the opks since yesterday. Seem to have only frustrated and confused me this month.

Typical after I had the HSG done this month and your meant to be super fertile I don't bloody ovulate. Have appointment in the fertility clinic now for 7th August.

Thanks again for your reply :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->