Different symptoms but same gender/identical pregnancies but different gender?

bubbles82

Reaction score
Just wondering if those who've had two of the same gender or know they're expecting another the same, if your pregnancies were the same or different each time? I'm fascinated with things like the old wives tales linked to certain gender, and just wondered if anyone had things like no sickness then bad sickness with the next pregnancy but still had the same gender, or had two identical pregnancies but different gender?

Id be interested to know too. I have 2 boys, an with both pregnancies I suffered with morning sickness from 5-11wks and had terrible hair and skin. Same again with my loss in January. This time Im nauseous all day long but only been sick (well a tiny bit sick) after eating some jelly sweets once. My hair is greasier then normal but is getting better now, my skin isnt too bad (only had 3 new spots since bfp) So my 2 boys pregnancies were very similar but this one is a little different. However the daddy has 3 boys in total so chances are its a boy but who knows? x

I had zero sickness at all with my first, terrible oily skin and hair, typical symptoms for a boy I was told but I had a girl.

I've had two losses, and had terrible skin with those and felt very nauseous.

I'm 7 weeks today and have the usual really bad skin, and have been feeling sick in the afternoon/evening for the last couple of weeks.

I think there's absolutely nothing in it to be fair

Two of my friends had a boy then a girl and were much sicker and poorly with their girls

My mum had three boys then one girl and was the same in her first and last (different genders) but different with the middle two (same genders)

My SIL was the same with all 3 and had two boys and one girl

Gender doesn't have much effect on it, it's all about how individual bodies respond to hcg and as a result the amount and severity of symptoms.

Well it's fun to have a theory on it. But I don't think it means much with my DD I had nausea and no vomiting my hair was great and my skin was not to bad. With this one I've had HG and acne. I'd say your gut instinct is more reliable I knew with DD but this one I have no clue lol.

Two girls both horrible morning that lasted into the 3rd trimester. I knew I was having a girl with my 2nd bc the symptoms were identical. This time it's too early to tell, I have had some nausea but no vomiting but I'm only 6wks so I'll know by next week lol

I had different symptoms with my boy, compared to my girl. My pregnancy with DD was very smooth; I had moderate morning sickness that stopped at the end of the 1st tri, and I craved sweet things all through.

With my boy, I had cramps for the whole of the first tri and a bit of spotting, had milder morning sickness (only threw up twice - but it lasted till 17 weeks, and I craved savoury things instead of sweet. I also had an anterior placenta with my boy - so didn't feel kicking until later.

I had zero symptoms with either of my children; one boy and one girl. I literally think it is luck of the draw as to how your body reacts to the different hormones rather than it being the gender of your baby. I'm approx 5-6 weeks now (irregular cycle so no idea how far gone I am) and again have zero symptoms

Xx

This will be my fourth baby. My second and third pregnancies were identical, and my first and fourth have been very similar to each other and nothing at all like the other two. My third pregnancy was the only one that resulted in a daughter, even though it was eerily similar to the pregnancy I had with my second son.

My experiences -

#1...horrible morning sickness/exhaustion until week 11 (girl)

#2...absolutely ZERO symptoms - never believed I was pregnant! (girl)

#3...horrible morning sickness/exhaustion - still happening and I'm 12 weeks today. (BOY!)

I always suffer migrains and thrush when pregnant with girls ,and i get seriously moody with boys luckily we only have two boys ��

I had zero symptoms with either of my children; one boy and one girl. I literally think it is luck of the draw as to how your body reacts to the different hormones rather than it being the gender of your baby.
Exactly the same for me.

1. Horrible sickness but only until 12 weeks- girl

2. Bad sickness until 21 weeks- girl

3. Hyperemesis ! - n/a

My first was a boy and that pregnancy was symptomless. My second was a girl and have a lot of morning sickness from 6-14 weeks, I lost 7 pounds in first trimester. This pregnancy extreme morning sickness began at 8 weeks and could not eat a thing, I lost 16 pounds so we were all ready to hear it was a girl and to our surprise it is a boy. So 2 very very very different boy pregnancies

I've had a boy and a girl, my symptoms/pregnancies were pretty much exactly the same. I had morning sickness start and leave during the same weeks etc. I craved the same foods, gained the same amount of weight. The only differences were that I bled for about a week early on with my son, and I got gestational diabetes with my daughter.

I am almost 17 weeks with my 4th pregnancy... I have crazy nausea and morning sickness, my boobs hurt, I'm SUPER tired, I have trouble sleeping... This is completely different from my first 3 pregnancies. One was a mmc and I don't know the gender and the first 2 are boys... This one is a girl. So for me, polar opposite pregnancies and different genders.

My pregnancies with my boys were very different. DS1 I was very sick from 6 weeks to 16 weeks and lost 15 pounds. DS2 I never got sick at all!

My first two pregnancies were very similar and one was a girl and one was a boy. My third was a boy as well, but my pregnancy with him was way different than with my first boy. So who knows! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->