Difficulty determining Ovulation... some help???

Teagans_Mommy

Reaction score
Hello. :hi:

I am new to this "trying for baby" thing, daughter was happy accident, so I am seriously trying to get all this info down right... a little help if you don't mind :dohh:

Okay, NO OVULATION TESTS work for me... I have never come up positive on any, and I have tried all that I could find, for months... expen$ive! I have a period though, and doc did a few tests and apparently I do ovulate.

Counting the days... apparently my pattern is 31 days, 27 days, 31 days, 27 days... always thought I was irregular, apparently my body likes number games...

Tried Clomid for a few months, but I'd like to try going natural for a while, seemed to work okay the first time (plus the clomid did some nasty stuff to me, not sure how normal that is?) :p

Any ideas... I'm gonna start doing temp next week (gotta find thermometer), but does anyone know anything else? I'm afraid I'm gonna be wacky with this too!!!!! My body doesn't want to make this easy for me... apparently in more ways than one!!! And doc is offering same ideas and I'm just trying to find correct dates!!!!

PLEASE HELP :wacko:

TIA!

I dont use anything to determine my ovulation, i just go by how my body feels, i get bloated, pains and lots of CM so i know that im ovulating (well atleast i think i am lol)

Hope that helps
x

I think after your OPK experience I would defo turn to charting for 2-3 months just to 'see'.

What about CM? Have you monitored this? You would be looking for egg white CM for ovulation signs.

I'm with you. The whole thing confuses me too!

look for the changes in cervical mucus.

you weren't using first morning urine on the ov tests were you? You have to have been awake for several hours first before FSH (that hormone) levels show

I tried OPK's last month and didn't get a positive so I've bought myself a BBT thermometer and am going to start charting as soon as AF arrives this month.

Good luck hun, let's hope charting works for both of us! :D

According to a table I found and based on your shortest and longest cycles, you should have sex every other day from CD9 to CD20 to cover all your bases. Now, if you or your partner aren't up for that much sex (6 times in 12 days) then I would use other signals as well like the eggwhite cervical mucus and your cervix position being higher and more open to narrow down your fertile time a bit.

I would drive myself crazy temping, but a lot of women love that method, but the first month won't tell you anything except when you already ovulated and how long your luteal phase is, which doesn't really change no matter how different your cycle lengths are. I wouldn't count on getting PG your first month charting since it's a "hindsight" tool for the most part until you have several charts under your belt to look at. I hope I didn't confuse you. ; )

I agree charting can help. As for OPK's I have found you need to experiment some and find the right time of day for you. FMU is typically not recommended, but some ladies have actually found works best for them. Maybe you can get some internet cheapies and test a few times a day to find if a certain time of day actually gets you a postive. Good luck!

Alot of you ladies should be MD's in here... which is why I asked :-D

I have a 5 year old and we have alot of people to visit, so I've discovered that its very difficult to get a moment in the bathroom alone to do the whole "mucas check"... but I"m gonna try temping for a while...

Thanks so much for everyones help... this baby stuff is so confusing, and the stress you cause yourself on top of everything doesn't help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->