Dilemma! How to tell my birth mother? (I'm adopted)

PegLeg2na

Reaction score
Okay so I'm adopted but I met my birth mother, maternal grandfather, and two younger half-siblings when I turned 18 and have been in contact ever since. I'd like to share the news with them at some point (probably not until after my ultrasound @ 18w) but I really don't know how to break the news! I mean...it's BIG news! I mostly email them, would that be an okay way to share it? Maybe attaching some ultrasound pics? I wish there was some way to warn them though so it's not such a huge shock :dohh: My mom (adopted mom) doesn't think I need to share the news with them at all and didn't really get that since I *want* to share it some time. But she always worries that I won't think of her as my mommy anymore so she's a little more protective :winkwink:

I think attaching the ultra sound pic is fine and an email to say, guess what.. we're expecting! :)

I think an email would be absolutely fine! I had to email my dad and stepmom as dad was 4000 miles away and stepmom was in Brazil for work and I couldn't keep it to myself any longer. Of course I would have preferred in-person or phone but you have to do it the best way for the situation. I think it's great you are telling them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->