Dionne

Layla

Reaction score
Can you describe Harleys rash please?

Coby got a rash yesterday in his front and back, the doc said its a virual thing and would go by today,

but today its spread to his arms and legs, i just read the same has happened to Harley too so wanted to compare if thats ok.

x

Hiya

its like heat lumps raised dark red spots and loads under his skin too

they started on his belly but now he has a few behind his ears on his face and on his back.

Harley had his mmr 10days ago and i read that on the 10th day they can get a measle like rash so i think its what he has Dr is checking him over later for me

i took a pic last night to ask my friend but cant see them to clear (my cam is crap) - they are alot redder then the pic and they have spread

when he wakes i will try get another pic.

is Coby well in himself? or has he been poorly recently?
some times after they have been poorly they can get a rash did you get antibiotics for him?

Harley has a temp too so am giving him medinol to keep it down

https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/dionne1985/rash007.jpg

Coby was ill for 2 days before the rash came out, had a temp of 101 to 103 and had to sponge him down over night, was very grumpy.

Since the rash has come out he hasnt had a temp, he seems ok in himself now, but he does seem more tired than normal.

The doc didnt give me anything for him, he just said it would go in its own but it seems to be spreading.

It does look simlar to Cobys but his rash is under his skin more, i dont think he has any raised ones, he is asleep now but when he wakes up i will check and try to get a pic.

Thanks

x

Dior got a viral rash once a few days after she was poorly it went with in 24hrs though.

i think Drs fob every thing off with "viral rash"

hope our boys are better soon, i have work tomorrow i have already had 3 days off, im going to get in trouble!!

Harleys face looks strange though he has loads of them under his eyes :S
its his sisters dummy:blush:
https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/dionne1985/19june002.jpg

Just been up to check on him, in the space of about 15 to 20 mins its gone on to his face, just taken a quick pic, once he wakes i will get a better one

Is it like Harleys one?

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/laylarampton/rash.jpg

x

oh bless him, he looks so poorly :(

Hope he starts to feel better soon

x

awwwwwwwwww poor babies :hugs::hugs:

i hate when docs fob you off with viral infections makes me mad :( i hope the rashes go away on your babies very soon :( :hugs::hugs:

the rash on cobys face looks very like chicken pox layla but they normally start off round behind the ears so not sure if it will be chicken pox :hugs::hugs:

hope they get better soon girlies :hugs::hugs:

Harley has less spots but harleys look bigger.

when Dior had a viral rash before they looked more joined up then Coby's

they do disapear when you press them dont they.

if he had measles he would have a temp and probably a cough too
if its chicken pox they start to get yellow heads on them and are behind the ears too.

if the Dr said they would be gone by now maybe you should just give the nhs a call?

he might need antibiotics

yeah they do dissapear when i press them, my first thought was chicken pox if im honest coz they came out after his temp went which is what normaly happends but the doc said no, and they havent got the yellow heads on them so i guess they cant be.

I think if they get worse by tonight i will take him to teh doc on call, no point in taking him back to my doc coz he wont do anything

x

im not sure what measles looks like - but the Dr will understand if you want a 2nd opinion seems your pregnant.

just see how he goes for now

poor thing atleast he is asleep at the mo - best thing for them is to sleep through it

yeah, he seems ok in himself tho, Harley looks so poorly bless him, its horrible to see them like that isnt it :(
What time is the doc coming back to see him?

x

well its my landlord he is coming round to renew my contract (been here a year already)
he is a gp Dr he is really nice and works at the walk in centre too so i hope he wont mind me asking his opinion

• About a week to 10 days after the MMR immunisation some children become feverish and they may develop a measles-like rash and go off their food. This is because the measles part of the vaccine is starting to work.
  • About three to four weeks after the injection a child might occasionally get a mild form of mumps as the mumps part of MMR kicks in.
  • In the six weeks after MMR your child may, very rarely, get a rash of small bruise-like spots which may be caused by the measles or rubella parts of the immunisation. This usually gets better on its own.
  • Very rarely, children can have severe allergic reactions straight after any immunisation (about 1 in 100,000 immunisations for MMR). If the child is treated quickly, he or she will recover fully. People giving immunisations are trained to deal with allergic reactions.
  • Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), a bleeding disorder, has long been a recognised side-effect of live viral vaccines such as measles, rubella and MMR. A study by researchers from the Public Health Laboratory Service (published in Archives of Diseases in Childhood, February 2001) confirms earlier estimates that the rate of ITP after MMR is around 1 in 22,300. It is important to remember that the rate of ITP after natural viral illness is much higher (at about 1 in 3,000 for rubella and 1 in 6,000 for measles) and that the severity of illness in non-vaccine related ITP cases is much greater. Therefore MMR offers protection against this higher risk of ITP due to the natural disease, as well as the other known serious complications of measles, mumps and rubella.
You prob read all this Dionne but thought it may help

xxx

thanks Imi
the first one on the list is what i think he has it was 10days ago yesterday when he had his mmr.

just wished the Dr was more interested as if its just a rash from his mmr he wont need antibiotics,
he also has the worlds worse diareah, its like water and orange,
i have 2 nappies to last me untill kris gets home, :dohh:

Dior has no choice but to use the loo all day lol

After immunisation some children may get a very mild form of measles with a rash (about 1 in 10), a fever (about 1 in 15), loss of appetite and a general feeling of being unwell for 2 or 3 days.
More rarely a child (1 in 50) can develop a mild form of mumps with swelling of the glands in the cheek, neck or under the jaw about 3 weeks after being immunised. This only lasts a day or two.

Is there anyway the poor lil mite got full blown measles????
xxx

hun i got no worries about nippin over with nappies!!!

Take bout an hour but hey lol
xxx

i not sure???

i have tryed looking on loads of sites it saying similer to what your posting but they dont say what i am to do, take him drs or just let it pass..

whats it coming to when you have to tell the Dr the problem:dohh:

Call NHS Direct

https://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/assets/images/callNhsdirect.gif
An NHS Direct nurse will advise you on whether you need medical attention and, if you do, how quickly you should get help.

Before ringing NHS Direct or 999, it would be helpful if you think about the following and are ready to answer the questions if asked.

• How long they have been unwell.
  • If they are short of breath.
  • Their temperature (if possible).
  • If there is a red or purple rash, if light hurts their eyes, if they are drowsy or if bending their neck is painful.
  • If there is anyone else in the house with the same problem.
  • When they last had anything to eat or drink.
  • Any medicines they are taking at the moment.

Please review your answers before calling.
You answered yes to the following questions:
  • Do they have a rash?
You answered no to the following questions:
  • Is your child under one year old?

I Did quick NHS thing .....

xxx

thanks for that Imi

i suppose i best give them a ring - hope they aint arsy seems the Dr has already diagnosed it as viral rash

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"