Dionne

Dionne the thing was they told me maddie at 6wks had a viral rash ...

She got so bad in the end i dialled 999, got taken to hospital and she had viral menengistus ... i was sooooooo annoyed at the practice!!!

This prob nothing like i had with maddie but if his face that swollen i'd take him to be looked at, i mean i think measles but i can't see properly lol

Hope he gets well and that your ok too ....

Thinking of you
xxx

Ooh Dionne that looks nasty bless him
It looks more than a viral to me, Jack ahs a viral at minute and looks more pin pricky
have just seen this
Are viral rashes serious?
The virus rash itself is not usually serious. What matters is whether other symptoms or problems occur. For example, the measles virus can cause a nasty illness with a chest infection, severe diarrhoea, etc, in addition to a rash. However, many viruses cause only minor symptoms - perhaps a mild fever or slight cough - but the rash may look quite dramatic. Sometimes the rash appears just as the other symptoms are improving.
I'd go get him checked again if i was you

Layla Cobys looks a lot like chicken pox to me, Emily started with just a couple on her tummy and didn't think anything of it until i got a call from school and she was covered

I would deffo get him looked at that Dr talkin out of his bum!!

Any news from NHS sweetie??
xxx

called NHS they called me straight back,
was advised to keep giving him his antibiotics, but the rash should have cleared by now so to take him to the walk in centre, she said its more then likly just the measles side of the mmr starting to work, nothing to worry about but because he is so upset crying not eating to take him down - kris will be home from work at 3 so are going then

cheers girls

Good to hear he is being seen!

Hope all is well hun,

xxx

my landlord came round after he finished at the sergury to save me going the walk in centre (bless him)

he was really good he was a bit baffeld at first didnt know what it could be he then asked if he has had his mmr in the past 2weeks

when i told him he had he told me its the rubella causing the rash,
but advised to stop the antibiotics because Harleys belly sounds so bad he said there is more to come (watery poohs) - GREAT:dohh:

but what a supprise Harleys temp was ok when the Dr was here usually he is sweating buckets and crying none stop

at least i know what it is now Dr said he shouldnt go to nursery tomorrow so another boring day for me in the house again:wacko:

thanks girls for putting up with a over worrying mother:blush:

least youknow what it is now though hun, hope both the boys get better soon

Aww Dionne .. hope he feels better soon .. sounds nasty for the poor little man.

Hope Coby is better soon too Layla .. any more news on how he is? Have you spoken to nhs?

glad you know what it is now hun, hopefuly Harley will start to get better soon, bless him.

Jase has just taken Coby to the docs, his rash has spread everywehre, all over his face now and its a bit more rasied then before.

He is still fine in himself, running around being as cheeky as ever, im still convinced its chicken pox, coz they scab once the spots have stopped coming out, guess i will find out soon tho, hope this doc is better than the last one!

x

bless his little heart

make sure you let us know

i am so sure its chicken pox, purly coz as soon as his temp went, the rash came and now hes bouncing about like an idiot again, it was 20 days ago he was around my friends child who had it, and they say it can take from 14 to 21 days to come out.

Just found this too

Symptoms of Chickenpox

Chickenpox causes a red, itchy rash on the skin that usually appears first on the abdomen or back and face, and then spreads to almost everywhere else on the body, including the scalp, mouth, nose, ears, and genitals.
The rash begins as multiple small, red bumps that look like pimples or insect bites. They develop into thin-walled blisters filled with clear fluid, which becomes cloudy. The blister wall breaks, leaving open sores, which finally crust over to become dry, brown scabs.

they started on his front and back, and today spread to his arms, legs and face, they are still at teh pimples or insect bite stage whcih is prob why the doc didnt think they were chicken pox.

If m wrong then i will look very stupid, but right now im expecting Jase to come back and tell me thats what it is

x

Please beware of viral meningitis. Rebecca had a red rash that I thought was chicken pox.

Me and Becky had this and I have never been so ill.

She had a bad rash and the Dr put it down to a virus and that it would be away within 48 hours. It didnt, so she was then diagnosed with german measles-5 days later I was whipped in, lumber puncture etc in ITU with viral meningitis which I caught from Bex-it was not german measles she had!

I am not saying it is, but dont put up with all the crap Dr's say- its always a virus according to them!

Hugs to Coby and Harley xxx

i have had virual menigitis, laied me up for 4 weeks, it was hell. Cobys rash disapeared so i knew it wasnt that, thanks tho :)

Its chicken pox, the doc said to Jase that you can tell right away by looking at his face, but his body doesnt match it just yet, he said in about 5 days it will come out in the full blisters, i bloody knew it was stupid doc from yesterday!

x

have you had chicken pox layla?

i have never had it my brother had it when i was pregnant so the Dr gave me a jab to stop me from catching it.

poor little thing its good though that he ia happy in himself.

i think they are contagious untill they scab over.

our poor spotty babies:baby:

yeah i had it when i was little, still got the scars to prove it lol

The doc said that im pretty safe as long as i have had it so im happy with that.

At least he is getting it over and done with now, rather than later

x

Aww poor little mites
I thought it was Chicken pox as soon as i saw the rash

Big hugs for Coby and Harley
xx

awww poor coby! better to have it now though while there younger, in a way I wish Ella would get it now so its over and done with, rather than when she is older and more aware of it. hope he gets better soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->