Dirty Nappies

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
In relation to bowel movements at this age. How often should Niamh be filling her nappy? She was having one dirty nappy a day, but she hasn't done one in over 24 hours now and I'm getting worried.

If she is breastfed then she can go 7 days or more without pooping ..as long as shes wetting at 6 nappies shes ok ..

Some formula fed babies go 1-2 times but it depends on the baby , if she is showing now signs of distress then shes ok hun

She's FF atm and stll producing some wet nappies. She doesn't seem overly distressed, but is more unsettled than usual. I just thought it was excess wind though. She hasn't been sleeping as much over the last couple of days, but again I just thought that was normal as she's getting older so not sleeping as much between feeds.

I've noticed that many babies seem to go through this stage at around the age of your baby. Chase did and I've read others too.

Try giving her a bath as often this can relax their bowels. Try and release the wind by laying her on her back and gently pushing her legs up. Another thing is to try and massage the tummy area. Or laying her on your chest so that her tummy is in contact with yours. The warmth of your body will help comfort her tummy.

All else fails, gripe water can help them move the gas pain and, with Chase, helps him produce a bowel movement.

Thanks hun. I give her a massage every time I change her nappy as her skin is very dry so I rub johnsons lotion in so she gets her tummy rubbed and legs done. She also gets skin to skin on my chest every few hours. I'll try the bath though. :hugs:

Does it bother her when she naps? Does it cause her to nap less longer?

Eventually I found out that by putting Chase on his tummy, he would nap longer because it comforted his tummy.

i remember maddi being the same, my gp told me anything up to about a week is normally at that stage. i too did what leenne suggested. you could also try wet warm cotton wool on her bottom to help simulate it for her to help her go, sorry if tmi its just maddi was the same x

She's kicking a lot more than usual and looking unsettled so I try to wind her but can't bring anything up. Then after giving her some skin to skin and rocking her she'll settle but not sleep. Sometimes she's up the entire time between feeds (3 hours). Not making any noises, but obviously not settled enough to sleep.

i remember maddi being the same, my gp told me anything up to about a week is normally at that stage. i too did what leenne suggested. you could also try wet warm cotton wool on her bottom to help simulate it for her to help her go, sorry if tmi its just maddi was the same x

Thanks hun. Good to know that a couple have people have said it can be normal. I always use warm cotton wool on her bum when I change her as wipes have been giving her a red bum.

I'll definitely try her on her tummy more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->