Disappointment after ultrasound?

ChocolateC

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm new to this group and wondering if anyone felt disappointed after an early gender-assessment ultrasound. My story is that I got an early u/s while visiting my parents (who live far away) so that I could learn and so they could see their grandchild. It was a great experience and I learned it was a girl, which made me SO happy. Everyone in my family had boys recently, and I just wanted a girl (please don't judge, it just seemed right for me).
9 days later, I had the anatomy u/s at 19+1, then right away went for a long trip. When I got back my doctor said everything looks great, congrats on a healthy boy. WTH?!?!? We're guessing maybe the testicles hadn't descended yet during the first u/s, but the tech was totally sure she saw labia (sorry if tmi!)--I mean, totally sure. This was at 17+6, so not THAT early, really. My doctor is asking to re-check the anatomy u/s in the next few days.
I feel like I'd held one baby in my arms--I named her, started planning EVERYthing--and now it's been taken away and replaced with another. I'm sure I'll love whatever comes out, but I feel a little sad that I'd bonded with that little girl and now suddenly it's all different, I need to bond with someone else! Does that make sense??? :shrug:

Aww im sorry you had to go through that, I'd feel the same way if I had of gone through it too, you can never fully rely on those early scans for that exact reason.
:hugs: totally normal feeling Hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->