Discharge. Help!

B

Bubbylove

Apologies in advance for the tmi...

Hi ladies,

I am really upset and worried and not sure how to know whether what is going on with me is normal or a sign of an underlying problem that nobody seems bothered about addressing :(

At 20 weeks I went to the ER with lots of sudden discharge. They diagnosed me with Bacterial vaginosis and gave me a set of antibiotics. When I saw my ob gyn next I was still having some discharge. She gave me another round of flagyl and told me to take monistat as I came up positive for BV and yeast. Ugh.

Then nothing/blissful times from 24-29 weeks. I asked at my 29 week appointment to be swabbed again, and again was positive for BV :cry: finished a course of antibiotics a week ago, and just had a huge creamy white discharge appear suddenly in my underpants. That was a couple of hours ago and nothing since.

How much discharge do you get? And are you worried by what you are experiencing? I would love to be able to compare.... As I don't know whether this us something to be concerned about or not. I also don't want to take a fourth course of antibiotics unless it us really necessary....

Hope you can help!

That's horrible! It can be a viscous cycle because the antibiotics can cause yeast overgrowth. I'm not sure where you live, but there is a product called Femdopholis that is specifically made for vaginal issues. It is a probiotic in the refrigerated section of health food and vitamin stores. It has to be kept refrigerated. Check with your dr, but mine said it was fine to take in pregnancy. Also make sure you are getting enough vitamin d and folic acid. Low levels can help contribute to bv. Cutting out refined carbs may help the yeast along with a good probiotic, esp Femdopholis. Discharge is normal though. I've had a ton this pregnancy. So you may have to get swabbed again to know if its just regular discharge or something more :(. Hope you are over it already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->