Discharge Meeting next Friday Woohoo!

Anna Barry

Reaction score
Hi all, we have a discharge meeting for Neave next Friday. She is now 37 Gestation and is nearly there with feeding. She is on bottle every feed during day and alternates bottle and tube at night so getting there slowly. She is still on low flow 0.03 litres anyone got any idea how long she is likely to need oxygen??

Attachments

• Photo101.jpg
    Photo101.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 3
hi :) congratulations on the discharge meetin :) we had olivias discharge meeting on monday (she was 37 weeks gestation that day) when we had her discharge meeting she was on alternate bottle/tube and having serious issues with destats whilst feeding and in roughly 0.02/0.02, its not even been a week and shes pretty much off oxygen and on all bottles and demand feeding, all we are waiting for is for her to do 48 hours off oxygen and she can come home (she did 23 hours yesterday then had to go back on for about an hour) good luck :D xxx

How fantastic!!!!! Going home must be starting to feel real. Wishing you all the best for Friday :)

Good luck to Olivia too:happydance:

My girls were off oxygen long before they came home so I cant help with that but I just wanted to say Well Done!!! Wont be long until your all home together xx

It was after Andrew's Discharge Planning Meeting was announced that he decided to wean himself off the oxygen by repeatedly removing the nasal cannula and throwing them out of the cot. Almost as if he knew!

First of all congratulations!!

Unfortunately as with most things with our little ones, how long it will take to come off oxygen is very much a how long is a piece of string question! With my twins Ben came off oxygen very steadily and was fully weaned off it by about 36 weeks gestation. Joshua on the other hand was on so little that they couldn't even measure it but he refused to be weaned...as soon as they switched it off his sats would plummet spectacularly!!

At just under 38 weeks gestation I asked for a meeting with his consultant to see if there was anything we could do to help him wean off it (Ben had a blood transfusion when he was weaning and that really helped him) and they prescribed dieuretics for him. (I think they said that any baby who is still oxygen dependent should be prescribed these after 36 weeks gestation) and lo and behold about 36 hours later he started to wean and wean quickly.....he was home at 39 weeks gestation after he had completed the obligatory 4 days without O2 (2 days on the sats monitor and 2 days off it).

At your meeting it may be worth asking whether they can do anything to help Neave wean off the oxygen or whether they are intending for her to go home on it.
Good luck with it all!!

Hey there. Congratulations ! Archie took until 39 weeks gestation to come off it. We were prepared to go two weeks past his due date to give him time to come off it as I really couldn't face o2 at home. It all started to come together at 38 weeks ie him cycling between air and o2. I would give her time as what's a due date! For us it worked out well hopefully for you too. Don't get pushed into going home on o2 before her due date. Time is the key.

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->