Disney Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oo stalking this thread as I was thinking of getting this for DS1 but not entirely sure what it's all about xx

My son loves his disney infinity you buy the starter pack and it comes with 3 characters and then you can add more characters my son says you need the extra characters to get new levels. We have per ordered the marvel one but its completely seperate you can't use any of the disney characters on it it's more for marvel fans and is also more expensive as it's new. If your sons not a big marvel fan id get the disney one it's got much more choice of characters

My sons have both the Skylanders series and Disney Infinity, I am not buying Disney Infinity 2.0 because it is only available for the Nintendo Wii U and not the Nintendo Wii and I refuse to buy a new console just to play it, I will be getting them Skylanders Trap Team

I've bought Disney infinity for DS for Xmas, me and hubby had a little go of it when it came and I think he will enjoy it. He loves marvel charcters but I think the Marvel one is aimed at children quite a bit older than DS so have stuck with the original x

Skylanders Spyro's adventure was the first of this type of game (with a portal that brings the characters to life), Trap Team is the 4th in this series and it is something that my two play with every day, Disney Infinity is very good too, I just cant afford a new system to play it on.

I want the marvel one for the boys, but I also kind of like the idea of the normal one. Sorry if this has been asked/answered. You know like skylanders you can use old figures on the new game, can you mix and match between original and marvel infinity?

We had the Disney Infinity but son only played with it once, he isnt a fan of them characters :dohh:
He prefers his mario/superhero games so I think he will way prefer the Marvel one so that may be a Christmas present.

They original disney pack has a lot of diff characters so cant go wrong with that to start off :thumbup:

I would suggest buying infinity stuff now, as it all gets expensive nearer xmas!

With the chatacters do you need all from the films? Like will i get a good game if i buy woody, ralph and sully. Or am i better buying woody, buzz and rex or whatever

I'm also looking at this for dd. It has some money off at argos at the mo for the starter pack. Can't remember if it's £26 or £28 instead of £40 x

Be careful with it because it isn't like Skylanders at all. Skylanders you can buy any character and off you go, infinity has to have certain playsets to play the characters, you can buy every character but only the ones with playsets will do missions the others just hang out in the toy box and you can't do much.

For example, we bought DS this last xmas, we bought him the starter pack and also woody from toy story, then we realised he couldnt play woody, the starter pack would only let him play, pirates of the carribean, monsters inc and the incredibles characters, we needed to go out and buy the toy story playset which was and extra £30, then family bought him the lone ranger and cars character, again we had to go buy the playsets another £30 each. We bought DD anna from frozen and they didn't even have a playset out so she couldnt play it.

So just have a look at what playsets are available before you start buying all the characters first.

Skylanders is much better. Our infinity is sat unused and not even worth trading in as worth about £5.

We have infinity and honestly it sounds much better than it really is. DS1 enjoys it to an extent but no way is it as good as it was made out to be x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back