Disney World while pregnant

mommytobe11

Wife and Mommy
Reaction score
We're going to Disney in a little over a week. I'm obviously not going to be going on any rollercoasters (my little ones wouldn't be able to go on them anyway) but what about the rides that spin? According to Disney rides like the teacups are safe while pregnant. I would like to go on that one because I know my boys would love it but worried the spinning would be too much.

Thoughts? Anyone been to Disney while pregnant and have any advice on this or anything else?

I went to Disney in my late 20something weeks. There's still a lot you can do. And I won't lie, a lot you can't. Disney will tell you. The signs say whether or not it's safe. And I remember reading something online before we went. Not sure where I found it but if you google something along the lines of 'safe pregnant rides disney' or something you should find it.

I didn't go on anything that spun so not sure if that's safe or not. In the tea cups you determine yourself how fast or slow it goes so as long as you don't whip it around too much that should be fine.

Not related to the rides, but make sure you take it easy in the heat with all the walking. Stay hydrated and take breaks when you need to. Also, make sure you use bug spray to avoid mosquito bites as much as possible. I think it was in southern Florida but there has been a few cases of Zika in Florida.

Go, enjoy yourself! look after yourself and when you see a ride you want to go on judge it for yourself, if unsure ask the ride operator :)

Hope your trip is filled with new memories that make you smile!

Thank you all!

ser523 - I actually live in south Florida :cry: this Zika virus is making me crazy!

You'll know your limits once you're there. I went to Wizarding World of Harry Potter during the 1st tri and hated life haha I went on rides but it was so ungodly hot.

Wear comfy shoes and comfy shorts or capris! I wore a maxi skirt thinking it would keep me cooler and I ended up with terrible thigh chafing from walking all day and sweating! Gym shoes are a must!

Ah, I'll be going to Disney World later in September. I was worried about the same things. Even though many of the wilder rides are off limits, there are so many shows that can really make up for it. And the food. :laugh2:

Also, my parents mentioned that Disney does offer little go-carts or something along those lines that pregnant women can borrow/rent. I might get one for certain parks since the heat and dehydration could be an issue. :o

I'm thinking of bringing a parasol to help with the sun, too. I would use one all the time in Korea (If you think Orlando is hot...Korea is a whole other level.)

I would definitely rent a wheelchair or scooter for the day. Make sure to stay hydrated.

I was walking around Sea World at 9 months pregnant with my last baby while hefting my 2 year old around, so... Just depends on how much you can handle. I haven't been to one of the parks since I've gotten pregnant this time around, though; I'm not supposed to be walking much and can't handle much exercise. (And I live in Orlando) :( Driving me crazy because I want to try out the new Sea World roller coaster SO bad!

You'd probably be safe on most of the kiddy rides, but I avoided most everything except the carousel-type rides, or things like Peter-Pan/It's a Small World, etc. I don't know that I would have chanced the tea cups. Not only because of the baby, but because of my iffy-stomach.

I went to Florida in April and I was 16-18 weeks pregnant. There is a few that says pregnant women to not go on but there are many little rides and amusement you will be able to go on. The only thing I would say is to take regular breaks. There is a huge amount of walking to do and have plenty of drinks. Enjoy and I am so jealous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->